Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: creamy chicken/pork chops

Posted by mountain_lady (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 10, 12 at 15:50

" you can use this Recipe for chicken or pork chops" will feed a family of 4
(Need glass baking pan, cast iron fry pan , mixer , tin foil,)
pre heat oven to 350 deg , med heat when browning
2 lg farm fresh eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
galic powder
onion powder
sea salt
pepper

8 oz sour cream
1 cup whole milk
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 whole chicken or 4 lg 1/2 thick pork chops
cut chicken into legs wings ect.
in small bowl, whisk eggs till lite and fluffy
in small bowl, put flour
egg and flour wash meat
brown each side for 5 to 7 mins. (med heat using olive oil )

in lg bowl blend sour cream soup and milk . make sure its well blended together.

place meat in glass baking pan , add mix over top of meat. cover and place in oven.

Cooking time is about 45 mins . half way turn meat over .

recover. enjoy. i know my family does. I service mine with mashers or homemake egg noodle.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: creamy chicken/pork chops

this sounds good mountain lady, I think I'll try it w/chicken thighs tomorrow. I don't enjoy pork anymore due to a strong sensitivity to pork taint flavor, but for those who do like pork chops, I bet this would make tender smothered style chops.

Question on the recipe-I assume you're doing the usual egg then flour dip then brown well? Its a little unclear on that step.

o

made this last night, it was good. I find that sour cream in baked dishes often 'breaks' but this didn't, maybe because it was well mixed before going over the chicken. Used bone-in thighs w/the skin removed. I baked mine closer to an hour. Good smothered chicken recipe, thanks for posting. Also added lots of paprika to the flour coating.

o

I use farm fresh eggs cause that is what i have. but you can use any kind of egg wash. and yes cause you mix the sour cream and milk together it does not brake. I am glad u enjoyed it .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here