o
RECIPE: chili salsa recipe?

Posted by deener49 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 27, 12 at 15:32

Ive lost my chili salsa recipe anyone have one. Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: chili salsa recipe?

Better late than never? This was posted on the cooking forum by publickman.

Lars' Chipotle Sauce

12 ripe (red) jalapeno peppers
8 ripe (orange) habanera peppers
2 ripe (red, yellow, orange, or combination) bell peppers
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tbsp fresh lime juice

Prepare mesquite charcoal/wood for barbeque grill outdoors. When flame has gone done and heat is not too hot,
place whole jalapenos and bell peppers on the grill and watch carefully, turning fairly often.
Please habanera peppers on a skewer or in a grill box before placing on the grill, so that they will not fall in.
Grill all peppers until outsides have become somewhat blackened. Allow peppers to cool on a platter
and then store for an hour (or a couple of days) in a plastic bag in the refrigerator.

Remove peppers from the bag and remove and discard all stems. Coarsely chop and place them in a food mill,
chinois, or wire mesh strainer, and process or push the flesh through into a bowl, leaving all skins and seeds
in the strainer. Discard seeds and skins.

Stir in salt and lime juice and store in a pint canning jar, preferably with the excess air removed by a foodsaver.
Store in the refrigerator for up to a month, or divide and freeze part of it if you think you will not use it that fast.
I use it up in less than a month myself.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here