Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Good Easy Home Made Pickle Recipes

Posted by jannie (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 1, 13 at 13:50

Sorry. I should have posted this under "Looking For" I've been looking for years for a good dill pickle recipe. Those I've tried in the past have come out limp or too salty or too garlicky. Hubby hates garlic. Anyone have a fool-proof recipe?

Second, my Mom was 87 and passed away 2 years ago. She made the most delicious sweet pickles I've ever tasted. She called them "Ten Day Pickles". We couldn't find her recipe after she died. My sister and I are desperate to make these. We do have canning supplies, jars,lids, alum powder, pickling spice mix, pressure cookers. . Again, anyone?

This post was edited by jannie on Fri, Aug 2, 13 at 8:21

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Good Easy Home Made Pickle Recipes

Today I posted a recipe on Kitchen Table that might be close to what you are looking for. The post was at 15:24. A link is below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sweet Pickle Recipe

o

Walnutcreek, yes I think that's it! I never really paid attention when Mom made pickles, I just remember her crock and how she said "Don't put it in the sun." I will try it. Stores near me have pickle size cucumbers right now.

o

Hope it tastes like you remember. Let us know.

o

Walnutcreek, the pickles are in the "crock" (I used a big glass Pyrex bowl) fermenting now. I'll let you know how they taste. If this works, I'll tell my sister.

This post was edited by jannie on Tue, Aug 6, 13 at 9:07

o

Easy Dills: Pack washed small pickles into clean canning jar. Add Dill. Clove of Garlic if desired.
BOIL: 1 Gal water, 1 cup non-iodized salt, 2 cups white vinegar.
Pour liquid to cover pickles. Tighten lids. Ready in 30 days. Refrigeration will crisp them up.

o
Looking For Dill Recipe Posted Here Long Ago

There was a dill pickle recipe posted here long ago. The pickles tasted like Claussen's. It was for a small patch of home grown cucs and you added them as you got them. Anyone out there remember that one?
Opps....Guess I posted in the wrong place.

This post was edited by beebonnet on Sat, Jul 26, 14 at 18:50

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here