Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Couscous Seasonings

Posted by pink_warm_mama_1 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 6, 10 at 13:10

What herbs or seasonings do you add to plain couscous to make it special? Any help appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Couscous Seasonings

You can cook it in chicken or vegetable broth and depending on what you're serving it with you can add raisins and/or almonds or pine nuts and/or spices and herbs like cinnamon, cumin, coriander, cardamom, turmeric and so forth. If I'm making it with something Moroccan I use whatever spices and herbs are included in the main recipe, or else just add pine nuts and use the sauce from the meat dish to flavor the couscous. You can also add mushrooms, dried or fresh, along with combinations like herbes de Provence, or lemon juice for extra zest.

o
RE: RECIPE: Couscous Seasonings

Thank you. Will try your ideas.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here