Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Help with spaggetti salad

Posted by lgiorgi (lgiorgi@optonline.net) on
Thu, Aug 28, 08 at 11:57

About 25 years ago, my girlfriend Betty used to make Spaghetti salad and you had to ad some type of packet, maybe it was a salad preparation, I don;t remember. It was made out of angel hair pasta. It was well known. Everyone made it. Now I want to make it again and don't remember how. She passed away so I can't ask her. Any suggestions. Oh yes, vegtables I think were added. I checked the search and don't see anything I am typing about.
thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Help with spaggetti salad

I was asking about the same thing not too long ago. The product I was looking for turned out to be Near East Spicy Tomato Angel Hair Pasta. You add the package mix, fresh tomatoes, lemon juice and olive oil. I think I put shrimp, mushrooms and green peppers in it too. Glad you brought this up, I need to add it to my grocery list, if I can still find it up here.

o

Here's one I make and it's really good, especially at this time of year and the availability of fresh vegetables.

12 ounces of of spaghetti that has been broken into thirds.
1 red onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 cucumber, peeled and diced
Tomatoes, diced (at least 2 or more)
3 stalks of celery, diced
1 can of sliced black olives
1 - 8 ounce bottle of Zesty Italian dressing
Cheese optional (parmesan, mozzarella)
4 tablespoons of Schilling Salad Supreme Seasoning

Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse under cold water to stop cooking and drain well.
Place pasta in large salad bowl, add dressing and seasoning, toss gently to coat.
Cut vegetables, and to pasta and mix gently.
Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.

o

Kaelkriver's is the one I know of & it became popular about the time you mentioned. Salad Supreme is still available in the spice section.

o

Thanks everyone for all the help. I am going to make Kaelkrivers one. I will let you know how it turns out. It sounds like the same one.

o

Kaelkriver's is almost identical to the one I make. I don't add celery, cheese or Salad Supreme.

And after a few times making a mess eating the spaghetti, I started using rotini insead....much easier to eat! LOL

Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here