Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sally_grower

LOOKING for: Panera Bread Asian Sesame Chicken Salad Dressing

sally_grower
15 years ago

I love Panera's Asian Chicken Salad, and would love to find the recipe for their dressing. Does anyone know the secret? Thanks in advance.

Sally

Comments (14)

• ginger_st_thomas
    15 years ago

Found this at Kitchenlink:

Panera Bread Asian Sesame Dressing

Originally Posted by: Steven Zanvil Sawolkin, Iowa 4-10-2005

I see you have requested the recipe for the salad dressing on the Panera Bread Company's Sesame Chicken Salad. Luckily, they published it in their book, The Panera Bread Cookbook by Peter Reinhart. It follows:

Panera Bread Asian Sesame Dressing

1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
    1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
    2 tablespoons soy sauce
    1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
    1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
    1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil

Combine all ingredients except canola oil in a medium mixing bowl with a wire whisk. Once ingredients are combined, slowly pour in the oil while whisking to form an emulsion.

Makes 1 1/4 cups
    Source: The Panera Bread Cookbook by Peter Reinhart

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    15 years ago

I love the dressing too but that doesn't seem like the right recipe. I had the salad about 2 weeks ago and thought the dressing was pale colored and not dark. I think that recipe would make a dark dressing.
    But it sounds good though and I could very well be wrong.
    I have read that the recipes in the Panera bread cookbook are not what is served at the restaurant.

• sally_grower
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank You so much for posting this information. I hope the Targets in my area have it, are you in the Midwest, if you don't mind me asking? I'm in Central IL and sometimes we don't get the neat things the bigger cities get.

Thanks again, I really appreciate it.
    Sally

• n_erhardt_csuohio_edu
    13 years ago

I am eating Panera's Asian Salad right now and it sure tastes like there is ginger in the dressing. Does anyone agree?

• kimiddltn_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

Hi, I tried this recipe and it is not the same. This dressing is dark and does not taste like the Panera dressing at all.

• webmistress1168_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

I actually found the dressing on sale at my local Target --imagine my surprise. The Target here is carrying produce and the dressing was in the produce section. How happy am I!!!

• chloe1992_msn_com
    12 years ago

What was the dressing called??

• kelleyrn
    11 years ago

Im sure its such an easy recipe why are we having so much trouble finding it?...The recipe above is not even close to the dressing at Panera!

• annova914
    11 years ago

I'd sure be interested in finding a copycat recipe because I noticed high fructose corn syrup in the ingredients - that can't be good for us, right? Dressings with sesame oil, rice vinegar, & fresh ginger are always so refreshing. I'm going to do some hunting around - if I find something, I'll try it before posting.

• westsider40
    11 years ago

Per the Panera Bread Cookbook, which I borrowed from my local library today, it's 3/4 cup canola or vegetable oil, not 1/4 cup. Ginger St. John's posted recipe is otherwise correct,

Peter Reinhart wrote the forward but the cookbook was written by the Panera Bread team.

I make a cobbled version which has essentially the same ingredients, except I add about 1/2 cup water which lightens the dressing. It's still quite good, but not so heavy and calorie laden.

• blizlady
    11 years ago

I haven't tried the bottled dressing yet from Target, but we order that salad a lot at my place of work when we have lunches brought in from Paneras. There definitely isn't soy sauce it in, and it is somewhat thin, so there can't be a lot of oil. The bottled dressing starts out with water, so I am sure that is why it is so light.

• gr8daygw
    11 years ago

Trader Joe's has an amazing bottled dressing that is so good people were nuts about it for a salad swap we had last summer. It was Asian peanut something. It seems to me that these recipes have some sugar in them though the Panera recipe doesn't list any.

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations