o
LOOKING for: Peach pie filling

Posted by eileenlaunonen (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 27, 07 at 10:39

Please share your T&T filling I have my own pie crust recipe thanks in advance

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Peach pie filling

I fill the pie crust with sliced peaches, then I mix some flour and sugar and put it on top, sprinkle with a whiff of cinnamon and perhaps a few drops of vanilla extract, pop on the top crust and bake at 425 for 10 minutes, turn the oven down to 350 and give it another 25 to 35 minutes.
The amount of flour and sugar depends on how ripe, juicy and sweet the peaches are...as a rule of thumb for nicely ripe peaches, I use 1/3 cup sugar and 1/4 cup flour mixed together for a 9 inch pie...I don't like a really sweet pie.
Linda C

o

Eileen I'm sure you've made your peach pie by now but as I just saw your post I'll add the recipe for the mixture I use:

Sunday Breakfast Nothing like peaches from your own tree made into a warm pie !

PEACH PIE - (can be fresh or tinned)
1 cup sugar (200 grams)
4 TBS flour
4 cups sliced peaches
1 TBS lemon juice

1) Preheat oven to 425 F (218 C)
2) Peel and slice peaches into a mixing bowl.
In another small bowl combine sugar and flour and pour them over peaches. Toss well to coat.
3) Line pieplate with pastry and pile coated peach slices into pieplate. Sprinkle with lemon juice
4) Roll out top crust and put on pie, flute edges, brush crust with the milk and sprinkle with sugar.
5) Bake 10 minutes at 425F (218C) then lower heat to 350F (177C) for 35 - 40 minutes or until crust is golden.
Be sure and have a drip-catching pan at the lower level of your oven in case the fruit juices bubble over.

SharonCb

o

Thanks i actually did but wasnt pleased with the results...a friend shared her "secret recipe" But im up for another try of find a great recipe Thanks to you both!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here