Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: chocolate pudding cake recipe

Posted by gemini40 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 25, 07 at 9:58

I am looking for an old fashioned chocolate pudding cake recipe. My mother used to make it back in the 70's and it was from scratch. I remember it was so very delicious, sevved piping hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream alongside.
June

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: chocolate pudding cake recipe

A google search bought up many recipes for Chocolate Pudding Cake. This one sounds good and easy. I like her recipes.

Easy Fudge Pudding Cake
From Diana Rattray,
Your Guide to Southern U.S. Cuisine.

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons cocoa
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons melted shortening
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Sauce:
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
1 cup hot water
PREPARATION:
Sift flour with dry ingredients; stir in milk and shortening. Add pecans and vanilla. Mix until well combined then pour into a generously greased 8 x 8-inch square pan. Combine sauce ingredients; pour over cake batter.

Here is a link that might be useful: Easy Fudge Pudding Cake

o

Thank you so much. That sounds perfect for me, easy to do and delicious.

June

o

I've had this recipe at least since the 70's, and, since it's an historic recipe, is probably quite old.

Fudge Batter Pudding Cake
Shaker Hancock Village

Sauce
1/2 cup white sugar
5 Tblsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 2/3 cups boiling water

Batter
2 Tblsps butter, melted
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 cup white flour
3 Tblsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 cup coarsly chopped walnuts or pecans
Set oven for 350 F. Butter 1 1/2 qt. baking dish.

Sauce:
Combine sugar, cocoa powder and salt in bowl and stir until combined. Pour in boiling water and stir until completely dissolved. (This will be very liquid and not look like a sauce at all.) Pour into baking dish.

Batter:
Combine the melted butter, sugar and vanilla in small bowl and set aside. In large bowl sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; stir milk into butter mixture alternately with flour mixture; stir in nuts. Drop large spoonfuls of batter onto chocolate sauce. Bake for 40 minutes. Cool slightly. Serve warm.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here