Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Chipotle Chicken

Posted by gemini40 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 13, 07 at 9:10

Do any of you have a "Not Your Average Joes "restaurant nearby? I love their salad with chipotle chicken and the chipotle ranch dressing is the best.I would love to make it myself,but do not know how . Any suggestions would be appreciated.

June

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Chipotle Chicken

Hi June --

Not to make this too simple, but have you tried taking your favorite ranch dressing and adding some minced chipotles plus some of the adobo sauce they come canned in? Can't imagine it needs to be much more complicated than that...

Emily

o

Hi Emily, thanks for responding.I did go to the store and purchase a can of chipotle peppers in adobo. I figured this was going to be the answer to my dilema. Well I opened the can, tried just a wee little taste of the sauce and it was waaaaaayyyy to hot for me. Then I took a pepper out, cut a little strip, removed the seeds and the same thing extremely hot.Now the question is when they do the chicken it does not have a wet sauce on it..it is a dry seasoning.The color is that dark red,but the chicken is not so hot you cannot eat it. The dressing used for the salad is not hot at all.

june

o

Huh. In terms of a dry seasoning, it is possible to special order chipotle pepper powder, but it would certainly be spicy... In terms of the dressing, you might try mixing just some drops of the adobo sauce in with your favorite ranch dressing... While the adobo might be hot placed right on your tounge, I would imagine that a little mixed in with ranch would lose most of its heat (not to mention that the creaminess of the ranch would cut any heat)... As for how to get chipotle taste on the chicken without heat, that I'm afraid I can't help with!

Emily

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here