Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Free software for recipes

Posted by big_al_41 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 15, 08 at 8:53

Free software for recipes...is there such a thing?? I run a Vista X64 machine, can't seem to find good software for storing recipes.

Any Ideas? I know I sound cheap but at this point in time that's about it for me. We ( my wife & I ) have about 5000 or so recipes on an older program called meal master ..however they don't have a program that will run on a much new computer.

Thanks any help or suggestions are welcomed.

Bigal

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Free software for recipes

I have an old "Master Cook 5" on my machine (which I bought), but the method I find most convenient is to store recipes in my "Documents" - under different catagories (cakes,desserts, breads, etc.) When I get a few recipes I transfer them onto Compact Disks (blanks are really cheap; get mine at Wallmart) and mark each disk with one catagory. A whole lot of material will go on just one of these disk.

When purchasing disks, make sure to buy the type that will work in your particular computer. There are different types available, so check the label on the CD pack very carfully. Once I get the recipe onto a CD, I delete it from the Document Program.

When there is a recipe that I want to use, I print it off and file it in a kitchen drawer for future use. I believe that this method gives the computer more memory space.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here