Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: pickles

Posted by vschlaff (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 10, 09 at 8:06

This is my first time making pickles.
First, I made a brine with water, pickling salt, dill, and garlic. I simmered it a few minetes and put in jars and let cool to rm temp. I put the lid on and left on table until morning. Then I put cucumbers in the brine and put lids back on. I was suppose to pack the cucumbers and then put the brine over them. so, the cucumbers are floating in the brine. I'm not sure if this is ok for the fermenting process. Are they suppose to be covered by the brine? Did the brine possibly spoil because I didn't put the cucumbers in as soon as the brine was ready? I also used distilled water. But, the brine is starting to get cloudy and I'm not sure if they are spoiling because of what I did.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: pickles

I can't answer your questions, but you are more likely to get help here:

Here is a link that might be useful: The Harvest Forum

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here