Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Busy day chicken casserole

Posted by oilpainter (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 22, 10 at 3:32

This is a recipe I developed for those busy days when you don't have time to fuss. It is pretty flexible and uses very few ingredients, is low in calories and tastes good.

BUSY DAY CHICKEN CASSEROLE

I cup rice
4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
1-1/2 cup frozen peas
2 cups chicken broth
1 Package of onion soup mix.

Take a little of the powder from the onion soup mix and rub it on the chicken breast tops--just enough to color them. Put the rice in the bottom of the casserole dish. Sprinkle the peas over the rice and then sprinkle the rest of the onion soup mix over the peas. Pour the chicken broth over this and set the chicken breasts on top.
Bake @ 350 for 1 hour. 4 generous servings

Note--You can increase or decrease the size by putting in more or less of everything as long as you have a single layer of chicken.
No spices are required--there is enough salt in the broth and soup mix

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Busy day chicken casserole

Thanks for this. I am going to treat my wife to this.

o

I've been looking for something just like this. Gonna try it tomorrow night.

Thanks

o

I followed your recipe and it was a huge hit. Thanks so much and it was easy to make.

o

Is the rice pre cooked?

o

No the rice is not precooked and I should have said long grain rice, not the instant kind. That is the reason for double the liquid(chicken broth) It is absorbed into the rice.

o

Sounds really quick and yummy. Thanks for sharing.

o

This was a hit with my family and the neighbor's kid who was here for dinner!!!

Thanks!

o

I remember my mother making this, but she used 1 can of cream of chicken & 1 can onion soup plus 2 cans of water.
She also used wild rice and that made it quite nice

o

I've made this also but it was called No Peak Chicken. Mine called for can soup also but I'll be trying it with the chicken stock for sure!

o

Well that just goes to prove that there are no new ideas only recycled ones. I thought this was my original recipe. I made it up one day when I didn't have time to fuss with dinner and it turned out good so I kept making it that way.

o

Thanks, oilpainter. I will give it a try the next time DD arrives with grandsons in tow. She needs more easy recipes for her family, and we can test it this way and get the recipe into her list of tried and true successes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here