Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Radish Salad

Posted by doucanoe (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 16, 07 at 23:14

Wow! I made this for dinner tonight, not really sure what to expect and it was really, really good!

Even Tim, my super picky husband had two helpings! I'll be making this again and again!

Red Radish Salad
Courtesy: Rachel Ray

2 teaspoons sugar
1 lemon, juiced
1/2 cup sour cream
8 red radishes, thinly sliced
2 Delicious apples, quartered cored and thinly sliced
1/2 European seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
Salt and black pepper

Combine sugar, lemon juice, and sour cream in a medium bowl with a fork. Add radishes, apple, and cucumber.
Turn vegetables and fruit in dressing to coat. Season with dill, salt, and pepper, toss again; serve.

Linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Radish Salad

My family would love it, DH and DS love radish.

Thanks for the recipe!

o

Clive loves radishes and they are so gorgeous right now. Thanks Linda this will be one the menu tonight or tomorrow night.

o

One thing I forgot to mention...I only used one apple for the amount of radish and cucumber called for and it was plenty. I am not fond of delicious apples, but bought one for the salad. I think any apple would be good. Next time I'll use a braeburn or honeycrisp, I think.

Hope you guys like it!

Linda

o

I'm with you on that, Linda. Delicious apples are the most misnamed fruit in the world. But aaaah, those Braeburns!

Unfortunately, a lot of really great apples don't travel well, so you don't see them except locally. Northern Spry comes to mind in that regard.

Here's a variation on the radish salad theme. It's a lot simpler. But, frankly, yours sounds better. I'll have to give it a try.

Meanwhile, fwiw:

Yogurt & Radish Salad

2 cups radishes, sliced thin
1 cup yogurt
2 garlic cloves, smashed
2 rtbls parsley, minced (or sub cilantro)
1/2 tsp tamari
1/4 tsp pepper
1-2 tbls brown sugar

Mix all ingredients well. Chill 1-3 hours.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here