Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gourd_friends

LOOKING for: Cinnabon Coffee Cake

gourd_friends
17 years ago

Somewhere in cyberspace is a recipe for a Cinnabon Coffee Cake. I know, because I printed it out about a month ago.

My DIL took my copy home with her and now I can't find it anywhere on the net. My DIL is still staying with her family and won't be home for another day or two, and I can probably get the link info from her then, but need it now.

I have tried these forums, google, and several recipe links, but can't get the same recipe. Has anyone else seen it here at GardenWeb?

TIA

Jan

Comments (7)

• Daisyduckworth
    17 years ago

Have your searched for CinnaMon Coffee Cake?

Well, in case you can't find it, I offer these as consolation prizes:

Cinnamon Cake
    1 tablespoon butter
    2 eggs
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 cup self raising flour
    1 heaped teaspoon cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
    5 tablespoons milk

Sift the flour and spices. Beat the eggs with the sugar until light and creamy, then add the butter dissolved in the warm milk. Sift in the flour and spices and bake in a greased tin in a moderate oven. When cold, ice with vanilla icing and sprinkle with extra cinnamon.

Cinnamon Crumble Coffee Cake
    1 1/2 cups self raising flour
    1 egg
    1/2 cup sugar
    2 tablespoons melted margarine
    scant 3/4 cup milk

Topping:
    1/4 cup flour
    2 tablespoons sugar
    1 1/2 tablespoons melted margarine
    1/4 cup dry biscuit crumbs
    1 small teaspoon cinnamon

Sift flour and sugar, beat the egg and add it with the milk and margarine. Mix lightly and press into a greased cake tin. Combine the Topping ingredients and sprinkle on top. Start cooking in a hot oven, then decrease the heat to moderate after 10 minutes.

Here is a link that might be useful: cinnamon coffee cake search results

• ginger_st_thomas
    17 years ago

It may have been on that copycat site that pulls the recipe after a certain amount of time (can't remember the name of the site.) I've looked everywhere but no luck either.

When you get the recipe from your DIL, I hope you'll post it. We don't have Cinnabon down here so I'd love to try it.

• Iowagal
    17 years ago

I'd sure like to try this recipe and haven't found anything googling either. Did you ever get this and if so, would you mind posting it? TIA

• gourd_friends
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hooray, I finally got the recipe....at least the ingredients. I think we can all figure out how it goes together.

Cinnabon Streusel Coffee Cake

Streusel:
    1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
    3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
    3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
    1 tsp. ground cinnamon
    1/4 tsp. ground cardamom
    1/2 cup butter, melted

Cake:
    2 cups cake flour
    1 cup sugar
    2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/2 cup butter, room temperature
    2 eggs
    1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
    1 cup milk

To make streusel topping:
    combine crumbs, nuts, cinnamon, brown sugar, cardamom, and melted butter. Set aside.

Cake:
    combine dry ingredients, add butter, eggs, vanilla, and milk and beat two minutes.

Pour half the batter into a greased and floured 9" round, or square pan. Layer half the streusel, then add the remaining batter and repeat the streusel layer.
    Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50 minutes.
    The cake can be served warm or cold.

It really is a simple recipe, but oh so delicious.
    Hope you enjoy it!

Jan

• Virginia7074
    17 years ago

Thanks! I've been coming back to this thread, hoping that someone would post it. That sounds good, especially with the graham cracker crumbs.

Also, I just found this recipe for an "Easy Cinnamon Flop" on Recipe Zaar. One of the reviewers said that her family calls it Cinnabon Coffee Cake when she tops it with a white glaze. Might be worth a try - the ingredients sure don't look like they could do any harm!

Easy Cinnamon Flop

2 cups flour
    1 cup sugar
    1 1/4 cups milk or half-and-half
    3 teaspoons baking powder
    1 pinch salt
    1/2 cup brown sugar, more if desired
    1-2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/4 cup butter, melted

Set oven to 350°.
    Prepare a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan (this can also be baked in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish, or two smaller round cake pans).
    In a bowl, mix all ingredients, except the brown sugar, cinnamon and melted butter.
    Pour into prepared baking pan.
    Generously spread dark brown sugar and cinnamon on top.
    If desired sprinkle chopped walnuts or pecans over top.
    Drizzle melted butter over top.
    Bake for 20-25 minutes.
    Note: if desired you may add in 1 egg, for a more cake-like texture, but it is not necessary.
    5-6 servings

Here is a link that might be useful: Recipe w/ Comments at Recipe Zaar

• CA Kate z9
    17 years ago

gourd: this thread has peaked my interest and I'll give your "found" recipe a try.

• onlygirlsmom
    17 years ago

This recipe isn't for Cinnabon coffee cake but the actually Cinnamon rolls. They are pretty dead on. I have par-baked them and then finished baking them later and they still turned out great.
    Another note - I swear by Danncy Vanilla. I picked up mine off of Ebay and it makes a HUGE difference in recipes.

1 cup warm milk (110 degrees
    F/45 degrees C)
    2 eggs, room temperature
    1/3 cup margarine, melted
    4 1/2 cups bread flour
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup white sugar
    2 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast

1 cup brown sugar, packed 2 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
    1/3 cup butter, softened

1 (3 ounce) package cream
    cheese, softened
    1/4 cup butter, softened
    1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/8 teaspoon salt

Directions
    1 Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in
    the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select dough
    cycle; press Start.
    2 After the dough has doubled in size turn it out onto a
    lightly floured surface, cover and let rest for 10 min. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
    3 Roll dough into a 16x21 inch rectangle. Spread dough with 1/3 cup butter and sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture. Roll up dough and cut into 12 rolls. Place rolls in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
    4 Bake rolls in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes. While rolls are baking, beat together cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving.

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm