Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Layered Mexican Salad

Posted by annova914 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 8, 08 at 23:09

I just made this for tonight's dinner and it is delicious. I think you could substitute Italian parsley for the cilantro if you don't like cilantro. I made extra dressing thinking there wouldn't be enough but there was (so I'll use the delicious extra dressing on a tossed salad - it's very good). I used fresh corn which made the salad really refreshing on a hot night. Ann/VA

Layered Mexican Salad

Dressing:

cup mayonnaise
cup sour cream
cup jarred salsa (I used mild picante)
2 T chopped fresh cilantro
2 tsps fresh lime juice

Salad:

1 romaine heart, torn into bite sized pieces (about 4 cups)
small red onion, sliced thin
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (quartered if large)
1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
1 (16 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 ripe avocados, pitted, skinned and chopped
1-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (I used Mexican blend)
2 cups crushed tortilla chips

For the dressing: Whisk all ingredients in medium bowl.

For the salad: Place lettuce in large serving bowl. Spread half of dressing over lettuce, then layer with onion, tomatoes, corn, beans, avocados and cheese. Spread remaining dressing over salad. Sprinkle with tortilla chips. Serve. (Salad can be refrigerated for 1 day; reserve tortilla chips until just before serving). Serves 6-8.

Source: Cooks Country August/September 2008

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Layered Mexican Salad

That sounds so good! Thanks for the recipe.

o

This DOES sound good. Thanks.
RL`

o

Sure sounds appealing to me (well, except for the avocadoes which I've never acquired a taste for.) Thanks for posting it. I'm going to save it.

o

This really sounds wonderful - I'll eat Ginger's share of the avocado and maybe add some shrimp for her, how does that sound. Thanks, Ann.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here