Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Bloody Mary's you do not have to drink!

Posted by glenda_al (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 2, 07 at 22:09

These are a HIT! I serve with toothpicks, olives, cocktail onions, and celery around the dish!, plus the dip at the end of recipe.

Bloody Mary Bites
1 pint cherry tomatoes
2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce **optional
vodka to cover
For dipping, combine:
2 tablespoons lemon pepper
2 tablespoons celery salt

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

DIRECTIONS:
Remove the stems from the tomatoes, and place them in a shallow bowl. Pour vodka over them so that they are covered. Stir in the hot pepper sauce. Cover, and refrigerate overnight. ***Best if you dip them in boiling water for 10 seconds, and then plunge in ice water and peel.
To serve, mix together the lemon pepper and celery salt in a small dish. Serve tomatoes floating in vodka.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Bloody Mary's you do not have to drink!

Mamma Mia - I can't wait!

o

nice...i must try this!

o

Oh, Glenda, how I love Bloody Mary's! Now I can eat them, too!! Can't wait to try these with all those fresh grape tomatoes from the garden. Thank you so much for putting this one out!

o

Glenda
I'm drinking a Bloody Mary as I'm typing. What do you do with the Lemon pepper and celery salt in a small dish. Do you dip the tomatoes in it? Sounds like something I can take camping and serve at cocktail time. I like to add celery seeds, garlic powder, onion powder and Worcestershire sauce to my Bloody Mary.
I'm trying to use up the last of my veggie juice cocktail I canned last year.

o
RE: RE: RECIPE: Bloody Mary's you do not have to drink!

Glenda
I just reread your ingredient list. Never mind, I'll dip the tomatoes.
Time for another drink.

o
shirley

Shirley, I'm a bloody mary drinker as well UNTIL, I was in Vancouver and had this! OUTSTANDING!!

A bloody caesar! They outshine a bloody mary. My opinion!
1 1/2 oz vodka
4 oz clamato juice
2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
dash of Tabasco sauce
celery salt
lime wedge
pepper to taste
celery salt
celery stalk for garnish
PREPARATION:
Rim a highball glass with the juice from the lime wedge and a combination of celery salt and salt.
Add the vodka and clamato juice.
Season with pepper, Worcestershire and Tabasco sauces to taste.
Stir well.
Garnish with a celery stick.

o

All of these drinks sound lucious! But - for those who do not enjoy "hot" in their drink, A Clam Digger will fit the bill. It is vodka, fresh lime juice over ice, fill up with chilled clamato juice. Goes right down.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here