Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hopperlong

LOOKING for: panera bread fuji apple dressing

hopperlong
17 years ago

does anyone know the ingredients for the dressing found on the fuji apple chicken salad at panera bread?

Comments (10)

• ginger_st_thomas
    17 years ago

All the ingredients are listed below so you could play around with the quantities to get a reasonable copycat.

Here is a link that might be useful: Nutrition profile

• Sunshine
    17 years ago

Did you figure it out yet? I have searched the clone recipe sites without any luck. I love the stuff but can't justify 1hour and 30 minute drive for "just a salad." I will keep looking if you will. I'm just not good enough to figure it out. I can follow a recipe but can't match flavors at all so the ingredients list it useless for me.

• dlynnbrehm_yahoo_com
    17 years ago

Try this site, girls.

http://southernfood.about.com/od/spinachsaladrecipes/r/bl90416e.htm

Substitute the grated apple with some apple juice concentrate and this looks a lot like the ingredient list for the Panera apple vinaigrette. Even if you're not a pro, I'll bet you'll be able to get something tasty out of this. Another suggestion...try 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar and 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar instead of 1/2 cup cider vinegar. This more closely resembles the Panera ingredient list. Also, Panera uses field greens instead of the spinach. Good Luck! I haven't tried it yet but I intend to this weekend!

• lindac
    17 years ago

I am sure the stuff served at Panera has a lot of guar gum and algenate stuff in for thickener..
    But reasonably close facimile could be made my mixing 2 T applejuice concentrate, 1 T cider vinegar and 1 T white balsamic vinegar 1/4 tsp garlic powder and whisking with 1/2 cup or olive oil...and adding 1/2 tsp grated lemon rind. I can't tell it it has mustard in it or not...so if it needs more bite, try adding a little dijon mustard.
    Linda C

• glenda_al
    17 years ago

This one looks like one you could work with.

TRIPLE CITRUS DRESSING
    1 3/4 t. salt or to taste
    1/4 t. ground black pepper
    3/4 t. dry mustard
    2 cloves garlic, crushed
    2 T. minced green onion tops
    1 C. (240 ml) canola oil
    1/4 C. (60 ml) lime juice (2 to 3 limes)
    1/4 C. (60 ml) lemon juice (1 to 2 lemons)
    3/4 C. (180 ml) + 2 T. fresh orange juice (1 to 3 Valencia oranges)
    1/4 C. (60 ml) water
    2 T. apple cider vinegar
    Combine all ingredients in a 1-quart (1 litre) jar and shake well.

For best flavor prepare one day ahead.

Refrigerate leftovers.

Keeps for 1 week. Makes approximately 2 3/4 cups (660 ml).

• carmel_ca
    15 years ago

Fuji Apple Pecan Chicken Salad
    6 cups mixed field greens (such as arugula, radicchio, curly endive, etc.)
    1-1/2 cup cooked, shredded rotisserie chicken breast
    1/3 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
    1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
    2 oz. apple chips
    Tomato and onion slices
    For Apple White Balsamic Vinaigrette:

2 Tbsp. apple juice concentrate
    1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
    1 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
    1 tsp. Dijon mustard
    1/4 tsp. garlic powder
    1/3 cup olive oil

• brad_palms
    15 years ago

Dressing the easy way:

2 parts creamy italian dressing
    1 part mayonnaise
    dash apple flavoring
    dash apple cider vinegar

Stir ingredients together until mayonnaise clumps are dissolved. Increase apple flavoring and apple cider vinegar to taste. Everyone loves this recipe when I serve it. Serve with gorgonzola cheese, walnuts, apple chips, romaine lettuce, and chicken.

Don't mix the salad ingredients until you are ready to serve, dressing tend to create soggy greens pretty quickly. This dressing is best served in generous amounts. Low fat and fat free dressings/mayo can be used, but greatly diminish the flavor (well duh!!!).

• carolynjoy
    14 years ago

I tried several of these similar recipes for the fuji apple salad dressing before I realized that the dressing is not a vinaigrette. It's actually not like any other salad dressing recipe I could find. It's more like a dressing for a fruit salad, which is why it's so good!

But I did find a way to recreate it quite accurately. If you don't believe me, just try it: compare the dressing from Panera (which has no vinegar taste and no garlic taste) to this recipe:

1/2 cup apple juice concentrate
    1/2 cup creme fraiche (or sour cream if you can't find it)
    2 T. honey

You can change around the proportions to your taste, but I believe those are the only ingredients you will need.

• Jack555
    10 years ago

Carolynjoy has it right. I tried it with vinegar, not it. It doesn't have vinegar. Tried her recipe: Apple concentrate, honey and used plain yogurt. Came out great, pretty close to Panera. Added a little more honey.

• SuzyQ2014
    9 years ago

Thanks Carolynjoy!