Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cagardenerwestelle

LOOKING for: White Peaches

CA Kate z9
15 years ago

Does anyone have a T&T recipe for White Peach ice cream? Preserves, jams?

AND, any other T&T recipes I can use for this abundant crop I have.

My only caveat is that I want the finished product to actually taste like white peaches and not something else.

Thanks to all who can help.

Comments (5)

• Terri_PacNW
    15 years ago

Westelle, I don't think you'll find much catered to white peaches..you'll have to most likely just use a peach recipe.
    To me (it's been a while since I had white), but the flavor is a milder peachyness to me..
    I'd use as little other ingredients to anything you use to help keep that flavor.

There was a peach sorbet recipe posted at the Cooking Forum today on the dairy free ice cream thread..
    I bet it would be wonderful for these "rare" gems.

Lucky you to have a tree of them!

• ginger_st_thomas
    15 years ago

There's some good general info about them below. We don't get them here so I was interested to see they're sweeter than regular peaches. Hope you find some good recipes.

Here is a link that might be useful: White Peaches

• CA Kate z9
    Original Author
    15 years ago

terri: you've hit the nail on the about the sweeter "gentle" flavor of white peaches, which is why I'm having trouble doing much with them besides eating out-of-hand.
    The Peach Sorbet sounded as if it worth a try however.

I found your article, ginger, when I was first googling the subject. I found recipes, but have no idea if they are any good. I'm not fond of wasting my time, money and good foodstuffs on just any recipe.

But thank you both for answering.

• Terri_PacNW
    15 years ago

Well here's another avenue to take.
    It's the search at the Harvest Forum. Peach Jam Search While over there, remove the jam part in the search box and hit it again..lots and lots of information and T&T recipes. But again, most if not all are based on Yellow fleshed peaches.
    I wonder how the white peaches would do in KatieC's salsa, or in Doris' Peach Preserves for Cold Mornings.
    I made the Brown Sugar Rum Peach Jam last year with yellow peaches..and it's a favorite of mine!

• CA Kate z9
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well, I solved my Abundance problem by taking a big market basket full of the white peaches, pluots and tomatoes to a going-away BBQ for our nephew, where they all disappeared like I'd put out little balls of gold. One of the guys offered GDG a little candy bar, but she said she's rather have another peach. How's that for good training?!

I need to go out and wrap the Indian Blood Peaches in bird netting -- if I want any for canning. The Nectarines should be getting ripe any day now. I haven't been out to look yet, but I imagine that the last of the peaches and pluots that ripened while we were gone have been eaten by the critters.

Thank you for the links, terri, but they are pretty much the same ones I pulled up when I first started out, and none seem to be for white peaches. (But then I could have missed one since my eyes glazed-over reading all the threads.)

Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!