Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
june_2007

LOOKING for: Pressure cooker recipies

june_2007
16 years ago

I dug out my pressure cooker and now need some good recipies.

Comments (6)

• ginger_st_thomas
    16 years ago

Here are some previous threads with recipes & tips for using pressure cookers.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pressure Cooker

• sewbusy_rn
    16 years ago

I use my PC a lot . I cook "baked potatoes" cut in half sprinkle with S&P 1/4 cup water-10 mins, moist and good.I cook stewing beef, brown it in oil add spices and about 1/2 cup water with bouillion-25 mins. tender and juicy. Fresh Green beans-20 mins water to about 1 inch up side and season. I also cook cabbage, cubed steak, meatballs with rice. Just about anything I want Sorry but I don't have recipes I just "dump" and taste. sewbusy_rn

• teresa_nc7
    16 years ago

Instead of one large piece of meat, I cut up a chuck pot roast into 2" cubes and make this recipe:

Cola Pot Roast

3 pounds beef
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil
    1 can tomatoes
    1 cup cola
    1/2 cup water
    1 onion chopped
    1 package dry spaghetti sauce mix
    1 1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon garlic salt

Brown beef cubes in PC in oil, remove meat from pot when brown. Brown onions in remaining oil. Add beef cubes back into pot. Sprinkle beef with dry sauce mix, salt, and garlic salt, stirring well to coat all the beef. Pour cola and water into pot. Pour in can of tomatoes, letting juice flow to bottom of pot, but keeping most of the tomatoes on top of the beef. (This will prevent the tomatoes sticking and scorching on the bottom.)

Put lid on and process according to your cooker directions and time for beef stew or pot roast. In my stove top Presto cooker I usually cook at high pressure for about 15-18 minutes. Serve hot over rice or noodles.

Here is a link that might be useful: Miss Vickie's Pressure Cooker Web Site

• thesitter9967625_aol_com
    12 years ago

I'd like to try pasta sauce.I like my usual recipie but don"t know how long to cook,any suggestions?

• teresa_nc7
    12 years ago

The recipe for pasta sauce in my PC booklet has you cook the sauce (1 lb. ground beef, 1 cup water, 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce, onion, celery, garlic, bell pepper and seasonings) for 8 minutes at full pressure. After a quick cool down in the sink with cool water running over the pot, a small 6 oz. can of tomato paste is stirred in and the sauce is simmered over low heat (no pressure) with the lid off until sauce reaches the desired thickness.

In a large cooker, you could probably double the amount. Just be sure that the amount does not exceed the line marked inside the cooker for bulk food such as soup, stew, or sauce.

Check the manual that came with your pressure cooker for the best results.

• doucanoe
    12 years ago

Here are a couple that I like to make.

Pressure Cooker Minestrone

Source: Farberware pressure cooker manual

2 T Olive Oil
    8 oz Cremini or Button mushrroms, sliced or quartered
    1/2 tsp salt
    1-1/2 c hopped onion or leek
    2 large cloves garlic, sliced
    4 c chicken or vegetable broth
    2 c water
    1 28oz can plum tomatoes with liquid
    1 T dried Italian seasoning
    1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
    4 ribs selery, halved lengthwise and sliced
    4 carrots cut into 1/2 inch dice
    1 lb potatoes, scrubbed and cubed
    4 c chopped cabbage
    Salt & pepper to taste
    3T minced parsley
    Parmesan or romano cheese, grated

Brown mushrooms in 1T oil in bottom of cooker. Add onion and garlic and cook until tender, stirring occasionally.

Add broth, water and tomatoes, stir in herbs, salt & pepper. Add vegetables and stir.

Process on high pressure for 4 minutes. Serve in large soup bowls, and top with generous portion of grated cheese.

And this one I got from Teresa\_nc7 is really good! BBQ Pork Spare Ribs \-PC 3 lbs. pork spareribs (2 1/2" long) 2 tsp. dry mustard 1 tsp. salt 2 tbsp. shortening 1 cup dry white wine 2 tbsp. brown sugar 2 tbsp. soy sauce 1 tbsp. vinegar 1 tsp. ginger Rub ribs with dry mustard. Season with salt. Cut into serving size portions. Heat shortening in cooker. Brown ribs lightly, removing as they brown. Combine remaining ingredients. Add to cooker, stirring to remove any browned bits from base of cooker. Return meat to sauce. Close cooker; bring up to pressure on high heat, then reduce heat to low and cook 15 minutes. Reduce pressure quickly by placing under cold running water. Leave valve in place until all steam has escaped. Makes about 4 servings. Linda
Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022