Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Salsa Tomatoes

Posted by Cajun_Salsa_Queen (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 24, 12 at 20:22

I love making salsa and seem to make it different every time. I grow everything for my salsa in our backyard. After giving away so much salsa last year, and having everyone asking me for my recipe, I decided to write it down this year :) However, the one thing I have yet to prefect in my salsa (in my opinion) is finding the right tomatoes to use. I want a more liquid consistency to the salsa but have never used water. I usually end up having way too much "garden" in the salsa, but everyone else loves it. I want to do it right this year, but have not been able to find what tomato is best for my salsa. Please help if you can!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Salsa Tomatoes

Roma's-now give us the salsa recipe

o

I use a mix of whatever tomatoes I have in my garden, Roma, cherry, red and yellow and just whatever is available. Turns out good each time.

Sue

o

Any type of Roma variety of tomatoes should work. Of course, each variety will taste slightly different.

o

Hmmm. I tend to use any kind EXCEPT Romas and if I have too much "goop" I take some of it out. Romas just don't seem to have much "tomato sweetness". If you want a recipe to can, just search for Annie's Salsa, it's very popular on several of the forums.

I use whatever I have growing in my garden which can be anything from Great White to Rutgers, Bonny Best to Pineapple, Mortgage Lifter to Black Krim. The better your tomatoes taste, the better your salsa will taste.

Annie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here