Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Meatball Sauce

Posted by arandygail (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 20, 07 at 20:05

I have several bags of frozen Armor meatballs in the freezer. I'm not sure how I ended up with so many since I am not really crazy about them.
My daughter is having a birthday party next week for her 13th birthday, and I thought I could make a big crockpot full of meatballs as a side for the hamburgers and hotdogs that we will be having for all of the kids.
Does anyone have a successful meatball sauce recipe? Maybe a barbecue meatball sauce?

Thanks,
Gail

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Meatball Sauce

For a bunch of 13 year old kids, I would do a bottled BBQ sauce or that old fave...small bottle of catsup, small jar of grape jelly and half a jar of mustard.
Linda C

o
RE: LOOKING for: Meatball Sauce

funny you should ask that question, gail. i have made a meatloaf recipe that daisy posted and the first time i made it, my immediate thought was that it would make great meatballs and i'd put them into a crockpot with the sauce for an office pot luck dish. i haven't done it yet but i'm sure it would work really well! (NOTE: the first time i made it i didn't have any instant coffee and the sauce was very good. i just made it again the other night and the next time i think i'll increase the coffee a little bit more.)

Sauce:
1 onion, chopped very fine (optional)
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/4 cup dry red wine or beef stock
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 teaspoon instant coffee
1/4 cup brown sugar
30g butter
2 teaspoons lemon juice
Saute onions until golden and add all other ingredients. Bring slowly to the boil, lower heat and simmer about 5 minutes. After loaf has cooked for 30 minutes, pour the sauce over the meat, return to oven and bake 45 minutes more, basting often. The sauce goes well with ribs or chicken.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here