Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Lacey Taco Soup (has rice in it)

Posted by sunflowermom (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 8, 07 at 18:55

I had a soup the other night at a restaurant that they called Lacey Taco Soup. Except for the crunch of a taco shell, it tasted just like a taco. It was a very thick soup. It had a lot of ground hamburger, also rice and corn for sure. You could definitely taste the taco seasoning in it. I just don't remember any beans in it and so far any recipes that I find have a lot of beans. Any one have a taco soup with rice in it? I know that this is a soup that my son would love.

Thank you for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Lacey Taco Soup (has rice in it)

Here is one I found that doesn't have beans, but it doesn't have rice, either! LOL

Easy enough to toss some in!

Quick Taco Soup

Soup Ingredients:

1/2 pound extra lean ground beef
2 medium (1 cup) onions, chopped
1 large (1 cup) green bell pepper, chopped
1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 (46-ounce) bottle vegetable tomato juice
1 (16-ounce) jar thick and chunky salsa or picante sauce

Toppings Ingredients:

Fat Free Sour Cream, if desired
Shredded lettuce, if desired
Sliced green onions, if desired
Chopped tomato, if desired
Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese, shredded, if desired
Cook ground beef, onions and green pepper in 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is no longer pink (6 to 10 minutes). Drain off fat.

Stir in seasoning mix; continue cooking 1 minute. Stir in tomato juice and salsa. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until heated through (3 to 5 minutes).

To serve, ladle soup into individual bowls; dollop with sour cream, if desired. Top with shredded lettuce, sliced green onions, chopped tomato or cheese, if desired.

Nutritional Facts: 1 serving
Calories 110
Fat 2.5 g
Cholesterol 15 mg
Sodium 1000 mg
Carbohydrate 15 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Protein 8 g

Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here