Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Grape Salad

Posted by southernrn (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 20, 06 at 17:05

Hey guys! Just got this recipe from a friend of mine, and it is really a light and delicious treat, especially in the summer. Just wanted to share...

Grape salad

4# of seedless grapes (green or purple)
1 8oz package of cream cheese
1 8 oz container sour cream
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 ounces chopped pecans
2 tbsp brown sugar

Wash and dry grapes. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla, and white sugar. Add grapes and mix until evenly incorporated. Sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans, mix again and refrigerate until serving.

**In the batch I made today I used fat free cream cheese and low fat sour cream, and used 1/2 cup splenda instead of white sugar, and it tastes just as good!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Grape Salad

I bet that IS good. Thanks for posting it.

o

No problem! Let me know if you try it and what you thought!

o

That sounds very good. I think I will cut and paste that one!

o

This is similiar to the one we make. Ours is a little different.

2 1/2 to 3 lbs. washed and dryed seedless grapes
1 8 oz.pkg. softened cream cheese
1 tsp. vanilla
8 oz. sour cream
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1/2 cup confectioners sugar

With a mixer, mix together cream cheese, confectioners sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until smooth.

Fold in sour cream. Fold in grapes.

o

i tried this for a meeting at work and everyone seemed to love it. i would skip the brown sugar/nuts next time though.

anette

o

I love this stuff! I got out my recipe to compare and found mine is a little different than the ones above

2-8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 c powdered sugar
12 oz cool whip
2 t vanilla
4 lbs grapes

Beat cream cheese, add in powdered sugar, cool whip and vanilla. Stir in grapes. Place in serving bowl and top with brown sugar.

o

I just saw a very similar recipe to this in the latest issue of Taste of Home. Seems to be a popular dish right now.

o

Southernrn,
I made your recipe for grape salad and served it to guests last night. They loved it, and asked for the recipe. It think I'll be keeping this recipe, too.

Jan

o

Wow this sounds great!
Any idea of how far in advance this can be made?
I need to take something to a pot luck on Sunday. Is today too soon to make it? Just so happens I have everything listed in the recipe.
thanks!
Dawn

o

I've posted this before but it's always a hit & maybe you'll enjoy them as well.

ROQUEFORT GRAPES (makes 50)
1 lb large, seedless red grapes
10 oz pecans
4 TBL crumbled Roquefort cheese
8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
2 TBL heavy cream
Wash the grapes & pat dry. Crush the pecans on a platter or sheet of waxed paper. Combine the Roquefort, cream cheese & cream in a bowl & mix well. Roll the grapes in the cheese mixture & then in the pecans, coating well. Chill, covered, until serving time.~~ First Impressions

o

I probably wouldn't make it until the night before. And if you choose one of the recipes that takes brown sugar, put that on right before serving.

Tracey

o

Thank you Tracey.
I'll hold off a couple of days.
Dawn

o

I have made the grape salad, and toasted the pecans. Delicious!

o

That's similar to the one I got from a cookbook of mine but the proportions are different. I like the brown sugar on it though as well as the nuts.

GRAPE SALAD (serves 8-10)
1 lb red grapes
1 lb green grapes
8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
8 oz container sour cream
1 TBL vanilla
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup chopped pecans

Place grapes in a large serving bowl. Combine cheese & granulated sugar, stirring well. Combine sour cream & vanilla in a separate bowl.
combine cream cheese mixture & sour cream mixture. Add to grapes, stirring well. Top w/brown sugar & pecans. DO NOT STIR. Cover & chill overnight.~~What Can I Bring? Jr League of N. Virginia

o

I am looking for a grape salad recipe that is similar to this one but gets baked instead of chilled. Would any one know of the recipe and where I can find it?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here