Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
southernrn

RECIPE: Grape Salad

southernrn
17 years ago

Hey guys! Just got this recipe from a friend of mine, and it is really a light and delicious treat, especially in the summer. Just wanted to share...

Grape salad

4# of seedless grapes (green or purple)

1 8oz package of cream cheese

1 8 oz container sour cream

1/2 cup white sugar

1 tsp vanilla extract

4 ounces chopped pecans

2 tbsp brown sugar

Wash and dry grapes. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla, and white sugar. Add grapes and mix until evenly incorporated. Sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans, mix again and refrigerate until serving.

**In the batch I made today I used fat free cream cheese and low fat sour cream, and used 1/2 cup splenda instead of white sugar, and it tastes just as good!!!

Comments (15)

• ginger_st_thomas
    17 years ago

I bet that IS good. Thanks for posting it.

• southernrn
    Original Author
    17 years ago

No problem! Let me know if you try it and what you thought!

• sheshebop
    17 years ago

That sounds very good. I think I will cut and paste that one!

• msmitoagain
    17 years ago

This is similiar to the one we make. Ours is a little different.

2 1/2 to 3 lbs. washed and dryed seedless grapes
    1 8 oz.pkg. softened cream cheese
    1 tsp. vanilla
    8 oz. sour cream
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
    1/2 cup confectioners sugar

With a mixer, mix together cream cheese, confectioners sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until smooth.

Fold in sour cream. Fold in grapes.

• anettemartinrn
    17 years ago

i tried this for a meeting at work and everyone seemed to love it. i would skip the brown sugar/nuts next time though.

anette

• Tracey_OH
    17 years ago

I love this stuff! I got out my recipe to compare and found mine is a little different than the ones above

2-8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
    1 1/2 c powdered sugar
    12 oz cool whip
    2 t vanilla
    4 lbs grapes

Beat cream cheese, add in powdered sugar, cool whip and vanilla. Stir in grapes. Place in serving bowl and top with brown sugar.

• roselin32
    17 years ago

I just saw a very similar recipe to this in the latest issue of Taste of Home. Seems to be a popular dish right now.

• gourd_friends
    17 years ago

Southernrn,
    I made your recipe for grape salad and served it to guests last night. They loved it, and asked for the recipe. It think I'll be keeping this recipe, too.

Jan

• misfit
    17 years ago

Wow this sounds great!
    Any idea of how far in advance this can be made?
    I need to take something to a pot luck on Sunday. Is today too soon to make it? Just so happens I have everything listed in the recipe.
    thanks!
    Dawn

• ginger_st_thomas
    17 years ago

I've posted this before but it's always a hit & maybe you'll enjoy them as well.

ROQUEFORT GRAPES (makes 50)
    1 lb large, seedless red grapes
    10 oz pecans
    4 TBL crumbled Roquefort cheese
    8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
    2 TBL heavy cream
    Wash the grapes & pat dry. Crush the pecans on a platter or sheet of waxed paper. Combine the Roquefort, cream cheese & cream in a bowl & mix well. Roll the grapes in the cheese mixture & then in the pecans, coating well. Chill, covered, until serving time.~~ First Impressions

• Tracey_OH
    17 years ago

I probably wouldn't make it until the night before. And if you choose one of the recipes that takes brown sugar, put that on right before serving.

Tracey

• misfit
    17 years ago

Thank you Tracey.
    I'll hold off a couple of days.
    Dawn

• glenda_al
    15 years ago

I have made the grape salad, and toasted the pecans. Delicious!

• ginger_st_thomas
    15 years ago

That's similar to the one I got from a cookbook of mine but the proportions are different. I like the brown sugar on it though as well as the nuts.

GRAPE SALAD (serves 8-10)
    1 lb red grapes
    1 lb green grapes
    8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
    1/2 cup sugar
    8 oz container sour cream
    1 TBL vanilla
    1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
    3/4 cup chopped pecans

Place grapes in a large serving bowl. Combine cheese & granulated sugar, stirring well. Combine sour cream & vanilla in a separate bowl.
    combine cream cheese mixture & sour cream mixture. Add to grapes, stirring well. Top w/brown sugar & pecans. DO NOT STIR. Cover & chill overnight.~~What Can I Bring? Jr League of N. Virginia

• frog0196_yahoo_com
    13 years ago

I am looking for a grape salad recipe that is similar to this one but gets baked instead of chilled. Would any one know of the recipe and where I can find it?