Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: A really good blueberry muffin recipe

Posted by jackiwolfe (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 18, 07 at 16:33

I've never found a blueberry muffin recipe that I really love. My idea of the ideal muffin would be dense and moist, almost dessert-like. Got anything for me? Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: A really good blueberry muffin recipe

Here are 2 of my favorites:
BLUEBERRY MUFFIN CAKES (makes 18)
1/2 cup sold shortening
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 1/3 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp nutmeg
3/4 cup milk
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed & dried
1 stick butter, melted
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350. Cream the shortening until light & fluffy. Gradually beat in 3/4 cup of the sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Mix the flour w/the salt, baking powder & nutmeg. Alternately add the dry ingredients & milk to the egg mixture beginning & ending w/the dry ingredients. Fold in the berries. (I roll them lightly in flour first so they don't sink.)
Spoon the batter into greased or paper lined muffin tins, filling them 3/4 full. Bake 20-25 minutes. Romveo the muffins from the pans & cool slightly. Meanwhile, mix the cinnamon w/the remaining 3/4 cup sugar. Roll the muffins in melted butter, then in the cinnamon sugar.~~Tested, Tried & True.

LEMON DIPPED BLUEBERRY MUFFINS (makes 14)
1 3/4 cup flour
1 cup sugar, or as needed
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 egg, well beaten
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cupmilk
1 cup fresh blueberries, washed & dried
2 tsp grated lemon zest
2 TBL butter, melted
1/4 tsp lemon juice

Preheat oven to 400. In a large bowl, mix the flour with 1/2 cup sugar, teh baking powder & salt. Make a well in the center. combine the egg, oil & milk. Add to the dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Tos the blueberries with 2 TBL sugar & the lemon zest. Fold into the batter. Fill muffin papers or greased muffin pans 2/3 full. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
While the muffins bake, prepare the topping by mixing the melted butter & lemon juice. Dip the warm muffins in the butter mixture, then in sugar. (The batter will keep if refrigerated overnight in paper-lined muffin pans covered w/plastic wrap. Just bake, dip & serve.~~To Market, To Market.

o
RE: LOOKING for: A really good blueberry muffin r

Here's a previous thread with favorite blueberry muffins.

Here is a link that might be useful: Favorite Blueberry Muffins

o
RE: LOOKING for: A really good blueberry muffin recipe

Thanks, Ginger! The first one looks perfect.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here