Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: fried biscuits

Posted by msprettyky (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 26, 07 at 16:26

So me and the DH went to dinner at Huber's in Starlight last night. Some of the best home cooking you have ever had. They bring out the best apple butter you have tried to go with fresh, hot fried biscuits. I have had fried biscuits at the chinese buffett before, but they taste nothing like these. You can tell it is a home made biscuit, nice and fluffy on the inside. Does anyone make these? My grandmother used to make skillet bread, but never did she fry biscuits.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: fried biscuits

I've never had them but I'm quite sure I'd like them, especially with good apple butter. Lots of online recipes call for biscuits in a tube cut in 1/2 & deep-fried.

Below is one from Nashville, Ind. that is from scratch.

Here is a link that might be useful: Biscuits

o

here is a link to a smaller recipe that may be helpful.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fried Biscuits

o

I make these duyring the holidays, and they disapear fast.I suggest you make a test/small batch to see if this is what you are looking for.

DEEP FRIED BISCUITS
1 qt. whole milk, room temp
1/4 c. sugar
3 pkgs dry yeast
1/2 c. lard or shortening, warmed
4-5 t. salt
7-9 cups flour

Add the yeast to the warm water and allow to dissolve.
Add the other ingredients mixing well,and allow to rise.
Turn out on floured board and knead , then roll out to about 1/2 inch thick.
Cut out the biscuits with 2 inch cutter, and drop into the hot oil.
The oil should be about 360-375 degrees. Do not fry too many at a time. Fry to golden brown. Do not allow dought to rise to high before frying. Do not allow the oil to get to hot or the biscuits will be soggy in the middle. Drain on brown paper bag or paper towels.

These have been in my family since I was a little girl, and that was a long time ago :)

This recipe makes about 7 dozen or so.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here