|I've made several cheescake recipes and like them all, but have never found a recipe for the heavy, dense NY style cheesecake that I love. Can anyone help? Thanks|
|Here ya go! |
Secret Lindy's-Style New York Cheesecake
Cookie Pastry Crust
Beat the butter and sugar in a medium mixing bowl with electric mixer on
Beat the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed
Put it together
Place the pan on a baking sheet.
Serve it up!
Remove the sides of the springform pan.
|There are 2 NY style cheesecakes posted on this forum a while back. Check out the thread below.|
Here is a link that might be useful: Cheesecake
|Thanks all-- will definitely try one of these. lindac-- yours sounds great!|
|Lindy's has long been famous for their cheesecake. Their place on Broadway with that easy to see script sign on the red background could be spotted a block away. In Guys and Dolls, Nathan Dertoit talked about Lindy's cheesecake, in the 50's I remember my mother going to a matinee and stopping at Lindy's for cheese cake and bringing a piece home. |
You can make it with a graham cracker crust, but the cookie crust is what makes the cheesecake.
Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here