1 cup canned pineapple pieces in unsweetened juice
2 small tomatoes cut into thin wedges

Sweet and Sour Sauce
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornflour
2 teaspoons salt
1 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup pineapple juice (drained from the pineapple pieces)
175g tomato paste

Cook the rice according to the packet directions. Meanwhile combine the prawns, soy sauce and salt and mix well. Coat the prawns evenly with cornflour. Heat the 2-3 cups oil to 180C in a frypan or wok and deep fry the prawns in the oil until they are firm and cooked (about 3 minutes). Do not overcook. Drain the prawns on a paper towel and keep warm in the oven. In a large frying pan or wok stir 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, onion and capsicum until heated. Add sweet and sour sauce and pineapple pieces and heat thoroughly. Carefully stir in the prawns and tomato wedges and cook until mixture is heated and coated with sauce. Spoon the mixture over rice to serve.

Prawn Salad with Mango
800g cooked and shelled prawns
2 mangoes
1/2 bunch basil leaves
120ml olive oil
juice and grated rind of two lemons
1 avocado
250g salad greens
pinch sea salt
1 red capsicum, finely julienned

Clean the prawns by removing the head and the outer shell from the tail. Also remove the waist track. Set the prawns aside. Prepare the dressing by peeling one of the mangoes and placing the flesh into your food processor and blending to a smooth consistency. Add the basil leaves and blend again. Slowly add the olive oil and then the lemon juice, and season with some of the black pepper and the salt. Set aside until serving time. Place the salad mix in a large bowl. Peel and slice the second mango and avocado, and add to the salad mix along with the cleaned prawns. Pour in about two thirds of the mango dressing and gently toss all the ingredients. Place the salad evenly onto serving plates and drizzle with some of the remaining dressing and finish with the julienne of red capsicum. You could also add some orange segments to the salad or some fresh red and green grapes.

o
RE: LOOKING for: shrimp

Shrimp Casserole

1 cup mayonnaise
tsp salt (I dont use)
1 cup whipping cream (I sometimes use Half & Half)
1/8 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Dash of cayenne
2 tsps sherry*
Dash mace
1-1/2 lbs cooked shrimp
2 small jars mushrooms*
green bell pepper diced
cup onion, diced
cup celery, diced
1 small jar pimentos, rinsed & well drained

Combine ingredients and place in casserole dish. Sprinkle with plain cracker crumbs. Dot with butter. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

* I have always used cooking sherry as I think regular sherry is too strong for this dish. I buy white mushrooms; slice and saute them in a little butter.

o

did you boil them in beer? (referring to boiled peanuts posts)

o

I guess it's a little late but here's one that always gets raves.

CINDY MAC'S Louisiana BBQ Shrimp
1 - 1 1/2 lbs. large shrimp
1 stick butter, melted
3 tablespoons Worcestershire
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground pepper
2 teaspoons fresh thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon olive oil
DEHEAD shrimp if necessary, but don't peel.
Place in a shallow dish (I use a pie pan). Mix remaining ingredients together and pour over shrimp. Cover and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 2-3 hours. BAKE in preheated 350 degree oven uncovered for 15-20 minutes. Serve with French bread to sop up all the wonderful juice

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here