Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Pudding Frosting

Posted by renamae (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 20, 07 at 16:02

Years ago a friend made frosting using butter and pudding mix. Does anyone have that recipe?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Pudding Frosting

Here's one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Frosting

o

Here's another.

Here is a link that might be useful: Another frosting

o

Thanks, Ginger..but the frosting I remember used dry pudding mix; instant probably. Wish i could find that friend that made it!

o

Both of those DO use pudding mixes. And butter.

o

I hada recipe like that....as I recall...you used a cooked pudding mix and cooked it using less milk and added abutter...I think a whole stick...maybe more and powdered sugar....
It was good...the variety I remember was butterscotch...but that was years and years ago.
Linda C

o

Thanks again Ginger...you too Linda, but the recipe I remember used dry pudding mix...not cooked. It was creamed with the butter, but I don't know if there were other ingredients.

o

I know this is not exactly what you're looking for, but perhaps the ingredients & technique could be a starting point.

Pudding Cake Frosting

(by Linda [Reigle] Bauman)

1 - 8oz. Philly cream cheese
1 - 3.9 oz. package any flavor Jell-O instant pudding
1 envelope Dream Whip (DO NOT mix according to directions on package)
1 cup milk

Add all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Beat until smooth and creamy. Use as frosting on any cake. Keep cake refrigerated.

o

Rena, I have(had?!) a recipe using the instant pudding - make it up and add it to the shortening/sugar mix..I'll try and dig it up. it's from 20 years ago!! Ginger, the two recipes use the cooked pudding mix..good too!

o

How about this one?

Butter Cream Icing
1 cup butter (or margerine)
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup milk
1 3.5 oz vanilla instant pudding mix
Cream butter and sugar well.
In another bowl whisk pudding mix into
milk until it begins to thicken.
Add to butter mixture and beat at high
speed about 5 minutes.

o

I have been looking for more than 20 years for a cooked pudding based frosting - we made it from banana flavor - it was off a Jello box. It used less milk and more sugar- but that is call I can remember. It was fluffy and not from instant and no cool whip. Does anyone have this recipe?

o

here is a link to one using vanilla pudding...you could use any flavor I would think...

Here is a link that might be useful: Banana cake with pudding icing

o

I found this one today.

Instant pudding icing

1 (40 g) envelope Dream Whip
1 (5 5/8 ounce) package any flavor pudding
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:

1 Blend all together.
2 Store in fridge in sealed container until ready to ice cake.

Read more at: http://www.food.com/recipe/instant-pudding-icing-152193?oc=linkback

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here