Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
renamae_gw

LOOKING for: Pudding Frosting

renamae
16 years ago

Years ago a friend made frosting using butter and pudding mix. Does anyone have that recipe?

Comments (12)

• ginger_st_thomas
    16 years ago

Here's one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Frosting

• ginger_st_thomas
    16 years ago

Here's another.

Here is a link that might be useful: Another frosting

• renamae
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks, Ginger..but the frosting I remember used dry pudding mix; instant probably. Wish i could find that friend that made it!

• ginger_st_thomas
    16 years ago

Both of those DO use pudding mixes. And butter.

• lindac
    16 years ago

I hada recipe like that....as I recall...you used a cooked pudding mix and cooked it using less milk and added abutter...I think a whole stick...maybe more and powdered sugar....
    It was good...the variety I remember was butterscotch...but that was years and years ago.
    Linda C

• renamae
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks again Ginger...you too Linda, but the recipe I remember used dry pudding mix...not cooked. It was creamed with the butter, but I don't know if there were other ingredients.

• shambo
    16 years ago

I know this is not exactly what you're looking for, but perhaps the ingredients & technique could be a starting point.

Pudding Cake Frosting

(by Linda [Reigle] Bauman)

1 - 8oz. Philly cream cheese
    1 - 3.9 oz. package any flavor Jell-O instant pudding
    1 envelope Dream Whip (DO NOT mix according to directions on package)
    1 cup milk

Add all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Beat until smooth and creamy. Use as frosting on any cake. Keep cake refrigerated.

• goose53
    16 years ago

Rena, I have(had?!) a recipe using the instant pudding - make it up and add it to the shortening/sugar mix..I'll try and dig it up. it's from 20 years ago!! Ginger, the two recipes use the cooked pudding mix..good too!

• hungarydaughter
    11 years ago

I have been looking for more than 20 years for a cooked pudding based frosting - we made it from banana flavor - it was off a Jello box. It used less milk and more sugar- but that is call I can remember. It was fluffy and not from instant and no cool whip. Does anyone have this recipe?

• Olychick
    11 years ago

here is a link to one using vanilla pudding...you could use any flavor I would think...

Here is a link that might be useful: Banana cake with pudding icing

• JoAnn_Fla
    11 years ago

I found this one today.

Instant pudding icing

1 (40 g) envelope Dream Whip
    1 (5 5/8 ounce) package any flavor pudding
    1 1/2 cups milk
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:

1 Blend all together.
    2 Store in fridge in sealed container until ready to ice cake.

Read more at: http://www.food.com/recipe/instant-pudding-icing-152193?oc=linkback

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022