Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Lime-Cilantro Salad Dressing

Posted by emsmamaw_tx (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 24, 06 at 15:53

Had a wonderful Southwestern Pizza/Salad at Nordstrom Bistro this weekend in Houston. The dressing was excellent but alas....they do not sell it. The dressing seemed to be an oil base...slightly sweet and spicey...and was called Lime/Cilantro. The salad was served atop a pizza and garnished with tortilla strips. Would love to duplicate the salad dressing. By the way....the pizza was wonderful. White cheese; poblano peppers; and smoked chicken. Thanks in advance for any suggestions....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Lime-Cilantro Salad Dressing

I would just make a basic vinaigrette but use lime for the acid ingredient and add lots of chopped cilantro.
Linda C

o

Check below. Easy enough to sweeten it if it's too tart.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lime Cilantro

o

Thanks so much. Will taste until I get it right. Waiter said that he could give me a small amt. in a container but that it would only "last 4 days". Don't know if he knew I would eat all of it in that time frame (LOL) or if it would not be edible in 4 days. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.

o

You're welcome. Hope you figure out the formula.

o

Here is the recipe: Nordstrom's has a cookbook and this can be found there.

Cafe Nordstrom's chipotle lime dressing

Prep time: 15 minutes Makes approximately 1 pint or enough for 8 servings

1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
2 teaspoons garlic,minced
1 tablespoon chipotle pure
3 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 big bunch cilantro,chopped
3/4 cup canola oil

In a blender, combine lime juice, rice wine vinegar, garlic, pure, honey, salt and cilantro. Blend together well. Then slowly add the oil to the blender as it is blending until it is fully emulsified. Remove from the blender and taste for seasoning. Refrigerate until you are ready to serve. Whisk well before tossing with the salad.

Per serving: 210 cal.; 0 g pro.; 8 g carb.; 20 g fat (2 sat., 12 monounsat., 6 polyunsat.); 0 mg chol.; 120 mg sod.; 0 g fiber; 6 g sugar; 85 percent calories from fat.

NOTES: The dressing should be kept cold until it is served and is best when it is blended within 2 hours of being served. You can use this dressing on any salad to which you want to give a Southwest flavor.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here