Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Mango Ginger Thai Hot Pepper Jelly Recipe

Posted by ejh805 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 12, 12 at 15:12

Hey everyone!

First time posting in the recipe boards and I hope someone out there has made something like this before :)

I'm looking to make a pepper jelly using mangos, ginger root, and Thai Hot Peppers (the variety I have is Thai Birds eye, and they range up there with habeneros)

I've looked all over the internet and cannot seem to find any recipes specifically using the kind of pepper that I'm wanting to. Canning is a time intensive process, and I'd really rather have something to go off of than make this from experimentation, you know?

Thanks in advance!!
-Emily

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Mango Ginger Thai Hot Pepper Jelly Recipe

Emily I don't have and can't find a recipe that calls for your specific ingredients, but I make a habanero jelly recipe that is very good. It's from Bernardin and I just won the Grand Champion ribbon at my county fair with it.

I'd probably sub mangoes for the apricots and replace some of the onion/pepper with some ginger root, then use Thai Hots instead of Habanero.

Habanero Gold Jelly

1/3 cup finely sliced dried apricots
3/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup finely diced red onion
1/4 cup finely diced sweet red pepper
1/4 cup finely diced habanero peppers, including seeds
OR 1/4 cup diced, combined jalapeno and Scotch Bonnet peppers
3 cups granulated sugar
1 pouch Certo liquid pectin

Cut apricots into 1/8 inch slices. Measure into a large deep stainless steel saucepan with vinegar; let stand 4 hours. Individually, cut onion and seeded peppers into 1/8 inch slices; cut slices into 1/4 inch dice. Measure each ingredient; add to apricots. Stir in sugar.

Over high heat, bring to a full roiling boil. Stirring constantly, boil hard 1 minute. Remove from heat. Immediately stir in pectin, mixing well.

Pour jelly into hot jar, dividing solids equally among jars and filling each jar to within 1/4 inch of top rim. Wipe rims. Apply lids.

Process 10 minutes in BWB. Cool upright, until lids pop down, about 30 minutes. When lids are concave but the jelly is still hot, carefully grasp jar without disturbing lid and invert, twist, or rotate each jar to distribute solids throughout jelly. The jar can be inverted temporarily but do not allow it to stand upside-down for prolonged periods.

Repeat as necessary during the cooling/setting time, until solids remain suspended in the jelly.

Your combination sounds yummy, BTW.

Annie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here