Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
san__gw

RECIPE: thanx for the recommendation, gardenlad!

san_
16 years ago

quite some time ago, i had asked if anyone had a cookbook based on vegetables that they liked and you thought marian morash's "victory garden cookbook" might be worthwhile. it just arrived yesterday so i haven't really gotten into it yet but i'm really impressed with what i've seen so far.

the chapters are laid out by the specific vegetable and begins with information on yield, storing and preserving, and how to treat leftovers. then she gives basic cooking instructions for each, such as steaming or baking or sauteeing...then she starts giving specific recipes for them and i'm really pretty excited that they don't look like the "same old, same old" and the chapter on parsnips looks particularly good to me--from vegetables stuffed with parsnip puree, parsnip-soffritto soup, parsnip and chicken casserole to parsnip-pecan cake! (we really like the sort of sweet and sort of peppery flavor of them and i'm just so happy to see such a range that i'd never considered!) anyway, i think this book is going to be just the sort of thing i was hoping for--thank you!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Velero Deck Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Source for High-End Custom Decks & Outdoor Structures