Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes

Posted by donna_loomis (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 2, 09 at 14:35

I have never eaten at a Cheesecake Factory, so I can't confirm that this copycat recipe is correct. But I recently purchased some corn flour for another recipe I wanted to try and had lots of it left over. So I did a google search for other things to do with it. One of the recipes that came up is the Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes. I tried them last Sunday. The whole family looked very skeptical and DH said that he thought they looked as if I hadn't cooked them long enough. But let me tell you, they devoured them! Definitely going to be a repeat performance at our house.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes

Corn is one of my favorites so not only did this recipe get my attention, it sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing it...I plan to make it this weekend.

Donna

o

The recipe as written on recipezaar HERE indicated only 1/2 stick of butter instead of the whole stick as indicated on the gingkasgoodies website link posted originally. Think they might have made a typo.

Also, one of the reviewers on recipezaar wrote they used half of that and used a little scoop instead of making pancakes and said they were great (for those of us who try to cut calories wherever we can)

Here is a link that might be useful: Recipezaar - tamale cakes

o

It may have been a typo, but it certainly was delicious! The first time I made the recipe I made the oval cakes, but the second time I rolled the dough into little balls and flattened them to about the size of a silver dollar. DH liked them better that way - more crunch.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here