Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: goop

Posted by grams33 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 17, 07 at 12:47

Sometime ago there was a post on here asking for recipes for chocolate syrup/sauce/ice cream topping and some one sent a recipe of her Grandma's that was called Grandma's Goop. It had marshmallows and a can of hershey's syrup for two of the ingredients. It was delish and I can't find the recipe. My Grandson's were here and said it is the best they have eaten. Please can anyone help me find this recipe? I have no idea who gave it, but it was about a year ago.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: goop

New to this forum but I have a sauce I make for s'more sundaes that might be close. The amounts are approximate since I do it by feel most of the time.

6-8 large chocolate bars (not the huge ones)
1 to 1.5 C Milk
Marshmallows

On low heat carefully melt chocolate in sauce pan

On med-low heat slowly add milk stirring constantly until the texture is smooth and slightly runnier than you'd use for chocolate sauce.

Add chopped (or torn up) marshmallows 3 or 4 at a time stirring until melted and incorporated into chocolate.

After about 4 additions of marshmallows use a cold plate test (plop some of the sauce on a plate you've chilled in the fridge) to check thickness of sauce. (Careful not to scorch the sauce that's on the burner while you're testing.)

Continue adding marshamallows 2 or 3 at a time and testing after each addition until you reach the desired consistancy.

I serve it on vanilla or chocolate ice cream topped with crushed graham crackers. It's also really good on strawberry ice cream.

o
RE: RECIPE: goop

Oh, I hope that someone still has this recipe because I would love to make this for the grandkids for our homemade ice cream. I think that it will finish off the experience just perfectly.
I spent a long while using the search function to try and locate the recipe. I tried all of the terms that I could think of to search for, all with no luck.
If anyone still has this recipe, will you please share it with us?
Thank you so much!
Bobbi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here