Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
36shirl

RECIPE: Looking For: Fettucine Sauce

shirl36
16 years ago

Anyone make a fettucine sauce for their pasta? I would appreciate a recipe. thank you in advance...

Comments (6)

• lindac
    16 years ago

Not sure what you mean by fettucine sauce....as fettucini is a pasta shape....that's rather like saying "does anyone have a shell sauce" or an angel hair sauce...
    Any sauce will work on fettucine.
    Linda C

• jimtex
    16 years ago

Shirl were you looking for Alfredo sauce? If so here are two that I've tried and both are good. The first is a more traditional recipe I think and the second is an Olive Garden copy cat recipe that I like also.

Home Cookin 4.9 Chapter: Recipes From Thibeault's Table

Fettuccine All'Alfredo
    ======================
    Source: Giuliano Hazan.

3 Tablespoons Butter
    1 Cup Heavy Cream
    pinch of fresh ground nutmeg
    salt and fresh ground pepper
    1/2 cup or more fresh grated Parmigiano-reggiano cheese

Option:

You can enrich the sauce further by adding an egg yolk to the cream mixture.
    . While pasta is cooking:

Put the butter and cream in a skillet over medium high heat and boil,
    stirring often until the cream as reduced by about half. Add the fresh
    grated nutmeg, salt and pepper. Set aside.

Drain pasta and add to the sauce in the skillet. Add the fresh grated
    parmesan cheese and toss the pasta until well coated. Serve with more
    cheese.

Note: I am very generous with the black pepper in this dish.

Fettuccine Alfredo

8 ounces Cream cheese
    3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1/2 cup Butter or margarine
    1/2 cup Milk or cream or 1/4 cup of each
    8 ounces cooked Fettuccine

Combine cream cheese, Parmesan, butter and milk in a saucepan. Heat and stir until smooth and hot, do not boil. Serve over fettuccine or whatever pasta you like. Very good with some cooked shrimp and scallions tossed in.

• ginger_st_thomas
    16 years ago

The one I make is very similar to Jim's first recipe. I really recommend that one, especially with lots of pepper as Jim suggested.

• annova
    16 years ago

This is almost the same as the first recipe posted except mine calls for a stick of unsalted butter. I serve it with tossed salad with a tart vinaigrette and French bread baked with anchovy strips on top (somehow it's not as salty once it's baked on the bread). This is a nice contrast to the cream, butter & cheese sauce.

Fettucini Alfredo

1/2 cup sweet butter melted
    1 egg yolk
    1/2 cup cream
    1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
    1 box of fettucini noodles
    Freshly ground black pepper (optional)

Mix cream and egg yolk and pour on hot noodles. Add melted butter and then freshly grated Parmesan. Serves 4

I like to grind up the parmesan in my food processor. That way I get little nuggets of cheese, some of which donÂt quite melt completely on the pasta and are chewy and delicious.

• lindac
    16 years ago

Fettucine Bologonese
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    ¼ cup finely chopped onion
    ¼ cup finely chopped carrot
    2 T finely green pepper
    1 medium clove garlic, minced
    1 pound ground beef or 1/2 beef 1/2 pork
    ½ teaspoon salt
    1 cup dry red wine
    2 cans (28 ounces) diced tomatoes with juice
    1 T chopped fresh basil
    fresh ground pepper to taste
    Sautee veggies in oil until soft, add tomatoes and wine and seasonings....simmer, stirring often for an hour. Serve over fresh cooked Fettucine with lots of fresh grated Parmegano reggiano.,
    Linda C

• angelaid
    16 years ago

Not sure if crw ever posted here, but I've been using her recipe/method for years now...

From crw at KTT

Alfredo Sauce

In a hot skillet, add 1 stick of butter, let it melt but not brown. Then sprinkle on parm cheese, no certain amount, just a nice coating on butter, stir up... then add one pint of cream. Heavy cream. stir in... let this all bubble but not over bubble so it curdles.. keep stirring. Taste. add more cheese or not... add salt or not, add pepper or not. Add sprinkle of fresh nutmeg... very good on it. While I am making this I cook the noodles, then scoop out noodles with a pasta scoop.... drain well, put in sauce, let it coat the noodles and there you have it.

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor