Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Moo Goo Gai Pan

Posted by caroline1 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 26, 07 at 12:17

I think that's how you spell it... I love this restaurant dish - it seems easy enough but I'm not sure of how to do the sauce (and maybe the chicken part too...). Anyone have this or other interesting "Chinese restaurant" type recipes?

THANKS!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Moo Goo Gai Pan

I haven't made this but I haven't had a bad recipe from this cookbook so this should be good also:
MOO GOO GAI PAN (serves 6)
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
3 TBL vegetable oil
1/2 cup finely diced onions
1 cup thinly sliced celery
5 oz can whole water chestnuts, drained & sliced
5 oz can bamboo shoots, drained & sliced
2 cups chicken broth
2 TBL soy sauce
8 oz pkg frozen snow pea pods (or fresh if available)
1 TBL cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water
Salt & pepper
Hot cooked rice

Cut chicken into 1/4" slices. Saute in hot oil for 3 minutes. Add onions & celery. Cook 5 minutes. Add water chestnuts & next 4 ingredients. Blend cornstarch & water. Add to chicken mixture. Cook until sauce thickens. Add salt & pepper to taste. Serve chicken mixture over hot cooked rice.~~Food for Thought

o

Looks good - THANKS!!!

o

i saw your wanted ad i will like to pick up contack with you.
thanks and waiting for your reply

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here