Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
happygardener23

LOOKING for: Need to wow the foodies-impressive/memorable recipe

happygardener23
10 years ago

I just got turned onto the "Food Swap Network" and the idea of local food swaps. If you are unfamiliar (as I was) the idea is that people come together with their homemade items (preserves, pickles, baked goods, homegrown produce, dried/dehydrated items, spices, sauces, curds, syrups, etc.) and they arrange to trade items with one another as desired. Of course you want to bring things that will appeal to others so that you can interest them in a trade for their goods.

From what I hear, the swap attracts a lot of foodies who appreciate unique ingredients/flavor combinations and of course anything absolutely delicious is appreciated regardless of uniqueness quotient (samples are provided so people know what they're getting).

I'm super excited for my first of hopefully many monthly swaps and I want to start a collection of recipe ideas so that I can make things as the seasonal ingredients come ripe. I can can, pickle, lacto ferment, bake, candy make, etc. and I'm willing to develop new skills (I don't have a pressure canner though, but items don't need to be shelf stable so I can just present items in jars with directions to refrigerate).

Please send your best recipes/ideas my way. Any tips from veteran food swappers also appreciated. Thank you!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Suzan Meredith Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Ashburn's Innovative Interior Designers 2x Best of Houzz Winner