Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Banana chip ideas

Posted by bamasue (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 5, 08 at 12:01

If you ever buy them, how do you use them other than just for snacking or banana bread? Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Banana chip ideas

They are good on oatmeal! When in a pinch and you don't have fresh bananas :o)

o

They're good in GORP (good ole' raisins and peanuts) to take hiking or snack on while on car trips. They might be good in homemade granola too. What about dipping in a slightly sweetened yogurt dip?

o

- I add broken banana chips to a plain oatmeal muffin recipe (I'm guessing, 1/3 c. for 6 muffins).

- Crush them and add to peanut butter for PB and Banana sandwich.

- Just like using them in GORP and oatmeal, you can chop them up a bit and add them to homemade granola.

PEANUT-BANANA DROPS
3 c. (750 ml) old-fashioned oatmeal
1-1/4 c. (315 ml) chunky-style peanut butter
1/2 c. (125 ml) honey
1/2 c. (125 ml) butter or margarine
1 c. (250 ml) chopped dried banana slices

Spread oats over a baking sheet or jelly-roll pan in a 250F (120C) oven. Toss until lightly browned for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, in a heavy skillet, melt peanut butter, honey, and butter or margarine, stirring until smooth. Stir in toasted oats and dried bananas. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto wax paper. Chill until firm. Store in refrigerator. Makes 4 cozen snacks.

-Grainlady

o

All much appreciated great ideas I hadn't thought of! Grainlady, thanks for sharing that recipe. Looks quick and healthy enough to try out on my scouts. Thank you all! Sue

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here