Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kellyleeann_gw

LOOKING for: Easy Appetizer Recipes to bring on boat for the 4th

kellyleeann
15 years ago

Does anyone have some yummy appetizers that can be made ahead and warmed up later, or just some great dips for the boat. We will be on a boat all weekend and would love to have some great things to munch on.

Thanks

Comments (6)

• angelaid
    15 years ago

There is never any of this dip left over and everyone leaves with the recipe:

Buffalo Chicken Dip

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb)
    ý cup Frank's Hot Sauce
    ý cup blue cheese dressing (or Ranch if you prefer)
    8oz pkg. cream cheese softened
    12 to 16 oz shredded sharp cheddar, Mont. Jack or a combo

Boil chicken until cooked through, shred with 2 forks.

Preheat oven to 350.
    Spread cream cheese over the bottom of a pie plate. Pour blue cheese evenly over that.
    Combine chicken with hot sauce and spread evenly over that.
    Sprinkle cheese on top and back for 30 minutes.
    Let stand 10 min. before serving.

Serve with tortilla chips or crackers

• sissyfran
    15 years ago

Tortilla rollups are always a hit however you make them.

A dip my family loves is 1 can rotel, 1 can black eye peas, 1-2 cans corn- all drained.
    Dice one small red onion, 1 bunch green onion and pour 1 bottle zesty Italian dressing over all. This MUST be made day ahead or at least several hours for the flavors to blend. Best served with Fritos scoops or other scoops. I never have any left.

• ginger_st_thomas
    15 years ago

How about a cheese ball?
    HAM CHEESE BALL (serves 12-15)
    Two 8 oz pkg crema cheese, softened
    1 cup ground smoked ham
    1 TBL grated onion
    2 tsp dried parsley flakes
    1/2 tsp seasoned pepper
    1/2 cup finely chopped pecans

Combine first 5 ingredients in medium mixing bowl. Cover & chill 30-60 minutes. Shape mixture into a large ball & coat w/chopped nuts. Wrap w/plastic wrap & refrigerate. Serve chilled w/assorted crackers.~~Food for Thought

This is good with corn chips:
    5 green onions, chopped
    8 oz can water chestnuts, drained & chopped
    1 cup sour cream
    1 cup mayonnaise
    2 TBL soy sauce

In a bowl, mix together green onions, water chestnuts, sour cream, mayo & soy sauce. Pour in a container & refrigerate.~~Kitchen Miracles

KINGSTOWNE WRAPS
    1 1/2 cups shredded cole slaw mix
    1/2 cupwater chestnuts, finely chopped
    1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
    2 tsp Asian sesame oil (the dark kind)
    4 TBL plum sauce
    4-6 flour tortillas

combine first 4 ingredients & 3 TBL plum sauce, mixing well.
    Spread remaining 1 TBL plum sauce evenly over tortillas; spread 1/2 cup cole slaw mix on each tortilla to within 1/4" of edges. Roll tortillas up tightly & wrap in plastic wrap. Chill at least 1 hour. (Overnight works, too.)
    cut diagonally into 1" slices when ready to serve.~~What Can I Bring?

• sharon_fl
    15 years ago

Easy & delish!

1 box of potato pancake mix
    Sour cream-1 pt
    fresh dill chopped very fine
    whipped cream cheese
    1 pkg. Smoked salmon
    finely grated lemon rind

Make up the batter and fry the potato pancakes today. Drain & place in airtight container & put in fridge...but place waxed paper between each layer.

On the boat-reheat the pancakes via an oven or in a frying pan on-low (NO microwave). Meanwhile, chop up your dill, cut small pieces of the salmon-bite size.

Once the cakes are warmed just enough to take the chill out..cool & spread with a thin layer of the cream cheese (just enough to hold the salmon on the cake.) I like to just cluster the piece of salmon on the cake-don't lay flat. Place a dollop of sour cream on top & sprinkle w/the lemon rind & the dill. YUM!

Dried Beef Rollups
    1 jar of dried beef rounds
    whipped cream cheese
    miniature sweet gherkin pickles

Place rounds-assembly style on the counter.
    Spread w/cream cheese & lay pickle towards the 1 edge & roll them up. Place on serving tray-fold side down. Wrap in press & seal and put in fridge until tomorrow's boat trip.

• whenicit
    15 years ago

Vegi pizza but instead of using crescent rolls as a 'crust' make them into tarts?

I also use crescent rolls as a base for ham/broccoli roll-ups...roll the crescent rolls out in a rectangle. Mix up some mustard, chopped ham (lunchmeat ham works fine) and chopped broccoli and shredded swiss or other cheese. Spread that mix on the crescent rolls, roll up. Slice into circles. Bake at 375 for about 13 minutes. Can either eat cold or warm back up.

These are easy & yummy.

Another thing -- shrimp for shrimp cocktail or you can marinate it (search for pickled shrimp, I don't have the recipe but someone brought to my house once and it was awesome)...

Have fun - great boating weather!

• glenda_al
    15 years ago

Bloody Bites
    INGREDIENTS:
    1 pint cherry tomatoes
    2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce (e.g. TabascoÂ) Less for less heat
    1 cup vodka
    2 tablespoons lemon pepper
    2 tablespoons celery salt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:
    Remove the stems from the tomatoes, and place them in a shallow bowl. Pour vodka over them so that they are covered. Stir in the hot pepper sauce. Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
    To serve, mix together the lemon pepper and celery salt in a small dish. Serve tomatoes floating in vodka. Provide toothpicks so that your guests may pick up the tomatoes and dip them in the seasoning before eating. ***I also put around the plate olives and cocktail onions.