Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Copycat recipe Chocolate Tallcake from Ruby Tuesday

Posted by jackiwolfe (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 31, 07 at 11:41

I have looked at several web sites online for a copy cat recipe like Ruby Tuesday's Chocolate Tallcake to no avail. Anyone got something close? I know it's a chocolate cake with chocolate mousse and oreo cookies. If you have anything in that neighborhood, please share! TIA!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Copycat recipe Chocolate Tallcake from Ruby Tue

The description at Ruby Tuesday's site is different than yours, however, yours sounds divine and shouldn't be difficult to put together.

From the site:
Chocolate Tallcake
Layered chocolate cake and mousse with caramel and chocolate sauces, ice cream and whipped cream.

o

The Ruby Tuesday dessert menu I read was as follows:

Layered chocolate cake, chocolate mousse & Oreo cookies topped with caramel and chocoalte sauces, vanilla Blue Bell Ice cream & whipped cream. $5.99

I don't have a recipe & have never tasted it but it shouldn't be too difficult to recreate & assemble the various components. Is there anything especially different about the cake or the mousse?

Here is a link that might be useful: Ruby Tuesday Dessert Menu

o

I think my main problem is incorporating the oreo cookies into the cake somehow. And believe it or not, I've never used mousse in a cake before.

o

I'm not familiar with this dessert but I image a chocolate cake w/a mousse filling & the mousse is sprinkled w/oreo crumbs & repeating to create another layer & then topped w/caramel and chocolate sauces & a dollop of whipped cream w/ice cream on the side. Don't know if I'm close, that's what I've come up with.

Lucy

o

Here's a picture of the tallcake. Not exactly what I was thinking. Are the oreos actually in the cake itself or in the filling?

Here is a link that might be useful: tallcake pic

o

I'm pretty sure they're actually in the cake. I'd like to make this cake for my hubby and I's 2-year anniversary on the 6th, so any help would be much appreciated!

o

This isn't the recipe but it incorporates Oreo cookie crumbs into a boxed cake batter so just follow the technique with a chocolate cake recipe.

Here is a link that might be useful: Oreos in cake

o

Hm, that should help. Thanks, ginger!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here