Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: scones with jam and cream

Posted by chefmikedarracott56 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 10, 12 at 8:46

Hello I am Chef Mike Darracott I live in the UK, and would like to share with you my recipes. today I have made fresh homemade scones, and covered them with my fresh homemade strawberry jam, and then topped off with Cornish clotted cream from Cornwall in the United Kitchen. Recipe below

Homemade Scones with
Strawberry jam & clotted cream

Ingredients
330g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
� tsp salt
35g caster sugar
60g butter
55g sultanas
Approx 150ml milk add until a firm dough is achieved

Method

First preheat your oven to 200C/392f, next into a bowl add your flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar. Now, rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs, and then mix in in sultanas.

Slowly add enough of the 150ml milk, until you have made a firm enough dough to handle. Now put a little flour on your worktop, and either roll out the dough or use your hands to make it about 1 - 1.5cm thick. Next using a pastry cutter of your choice, (I�m using a 12cm one) cut out your scones.

Now lightly grease and flour a baking tray, and place your scones on it, place in oven for around 10- 15 minutes.
You can either cut them in half with melted butter on, or eat with strawberry jam and clotted cream.

Serves 4 to 6 depending on size of cutter used

Enjoy from Chef Mike Darracott

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: scones with jam and cream

They do look good! I'll try to translate to our measures. We usually have lemon curd & clotted cream or jam on ours! Used to dine at a tea house in Pasadena too! so good!

o
RE: RECIPE: scones with jam and cream

Beautiful scones Chef. Great photo too.

~Ann

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here