Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chefmikedarracott56

RECIPE: scones with jam and cream

Hello I am Chef Mike Darracott I live in the UK, and would like to share with you my recipes. today I have made fresh homemade scones, and covered them with my fresh homemade strawberry jam, and then topped off with Cornish clotted cream from Cornwall in the United Kitchen. Recipe below

Homemade Scones with

Strawberry jam & clotted cream

Ingredients

330g plain flour

2 tsp baking powder

� tsp salt

35g caster sugar

60g butter

55g sultanas

Approx 150ml milk add until a firm dough is achieved

Method

First preheat your oven to 200C/392f, next into a bowl add your flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar. Now, rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs, and then mix in in sultanas.

Slowly add enough of the 150ml milk, until you have made a firm enough dough to handle. Now put a little flour on your worktop, and either roll out the dough or use your hands to make it about 1 - 1.5cm thick. Next using a pastry cutter of your choice, (I�m using a 12cm one) cut out your scones.

Now lightly grease and flour a baking tray, and place your scones on it, place in oven for around 10- 15 minutes.

You can either cut them in half with melted butter on, or eat with strawberry jam and clotted cream.

Serves 4 to 6 depending on size of cutter used

Enjoy from Chef Mike Darracott

Comments (2)