Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Name of Espresso Drink

Posted by nrgins (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 12, 09 at 8:37

I'm trying to determine the name used for this espresso drink. It's where you take espresso, pour it over ice, and (optionally) just add a little half and half.

At first I thought it was an "iced americano." But then I saw that recipes for that call for adding chilled water. This drink is not diluted that much (should be drunk before the ice melts).

I also thought it might be an "iced breve." But that requires a lot more half and half (in this one, half and half is optional, and it's only a small amount).

Anyone know what it's called when it's basically just espresso poured over ice? "Iced espresso"? :-)

Thx.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Name of Espresso Drink

But are you interested in the recipe or only in the name of drink? Because I am italian but I don't know the name used out of Italy.

Here is a link that might be useful: Croce & Delizia

o
RE: LOOKING for: Name of Espresso Drink

Espresso and half and half is my favorite drink, but I can't imagine why you'd add the half and half after pouring it over ice. The ice would melt a ton and you'd get a watery drink-- the half and half cools down the espresso, and then you scoop the ice in or pour it over ice.

But if you want that, and you're wondering how to order it, I'd just order an iced espresso shot (or double, or whatever) and add the half and half from the milk bar.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here