Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Cherry Heering dip for fruit

Posted by isles3 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 26, 07 at 23:43

Hi
I am searching for a dip for fresh fruit that uses Cherry Heering. A friend made it for a party way back in the 80's and it was SO great. I have googled and checked the 'Zaar and every place I can think of and can't seem to find it.
Anyone ever heard of anything like this???
TIA

Cathy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Cherry Heering dip for fruit

Here's a fondue with cream cheese and chocolate and your Cherry Heering, but I would guess you're just looking for a cream cheese or fluff type dip, right? Maybe a search for a dip using Grand Marnier would come up with some results?

Can you tell us more about the dip and what you think may have been in it? Was it just a regular fruit dip with a little of the liquor in it? Sounds like it could be good; I love "cherry" anything!

Here is a link that might be useful: CHOCOLATE FONDUE EXTRAORDINAIRE

o

Thanks Carla,
that fondue looks good, and we might try it for strawberries,
and you're right the one I am looking for must have cream cheese in it, and maybe vanilla yogurt, It was a pale pinkish white, and I think was a little sour, so either yogurt or sour cream must have been in it.

thanks for your help

o

This one doesn't have yogurt or sour cream but check it out.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dip recipe

o

Or substitute Cherry Heering for the orange liqueur called for in this recipe.

Here is a link that might be useful: Strawberry dip

o

Thank you, thank you Ginger, you are a wizard at the hunt as usual. I think the first one you posted with the cream cheese sounds just about right. Sorry not to reply sooner but with kids all home and summer schedules/trips I didn't get back here til now.
thanks again!!!
Cathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here