Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Grilled Corn Salad

Posted by annova914 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 9, 08 at 22:30

I was watching the Neelys on Food Network this past weekend and saw them make a grilled corn salad. Since I didn't care for their dressing, I created my own. I let the corn grill longer than 7 minutes as I wanted it to have that caramelized taste corn gets when done on an outdoor grill. Ann

Grilled Corn Salad

6 ears fresh corn, husked with silks removed
2 T canola oil
Salt and pepper
2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
4 scallions, finely chopped
2 cups arugula
Dressing (my own concoction)

Preheat grill or broiler to medium heat (I used grill pan on stove). Rub corn with canola oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill or broil corn for 7 minutes or until ears are lightly browned. Remove from grill and allow to cool. Remove the kernels from the cob and place in a large mixing bowl along with the cherry tomatoes, red bell pepper, scallions and arugula. Toss the salad with dressing and serve at room temperature.

Dressing: (based on a Lemon Vinaigrette dressing)

3 T rice vinegar
3 T grapeseed oil
1 tsp onion powder
tsp garlic powder
Zest of half medium lemon
Dash of salt
tsp black pepper

Wishbone Italian dressing

Whisk first 7 ingredients together. Pour some into a bowl and squirt some Wishbone Italian dressing in and blend. When it tastes great its ready! This is delicious and so refreshing.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Grilled Corn Salad

I saw that episode & thought it looked really good.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here