Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Monster Cookie

Posted by carla35 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 9, 08 at 21:06

Does anyone have a good recipe for chewy monster cookies? My husband was talking about how much he liked them and I thought I'd make them for Father's Day but I lost my recipe.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Monster Cookie

I just use my regular oatmeal or chocolate chip cookie recipe and make them big!
Didn't know there was a special recipe....

o

I've only made them a couple times and it was a while back...

I "think" Monster Cookies are usually made with little or no flour, include peanut butter, lots of rolled oats, and M&M's. They are really good.

o

You can use almost any regular cookie dough. One trick: you need to spread the dough out in a large circle AND make the middle a little thinner than the edges because they'll spread some but the middle can't.

I don't know about "monster" tho'.

o

Carla, this is the recipe I use, we just call them,

Good Cookies
2 c. brown sugar
2 c. sugar
1 c. butter
1 t. baking powder
1 t. soda
3 c. flour
1 t. vanilla
4 eggs
2 c. oatmeal
1 c. choc. chips
2 c. chopped nuts
2 c. rice krispies
2 c. coconut
Cream sugar and butter and add remaining ingredients. Bake at 325, time depends on size of cookies.

This is a very stiff dough and I don't remember them being really chewey. They are DH's favorite cookie.

o

Those "good" cookies sound really good! I'll have to try them when I get all the ingredients. Thanks for posting the recipe.

I actually found my recipe (I e-mailed it to myself years ago) but I remember changing it some and can't recall the specifics. I may just try Paula Deen's Monster cookie recipe instead which I have all the stuff for too.

The ones I make you actually use an ice cream scoop to drop the dough. The batter isn't really batter though just a bunch of stuff pressed together. I remember having to push the M&M's into the cookie a bit as they kept falling out. They are really good and chewy and different. More like a chewy granola bar in the shape of a cookie. Here's the recipe if anyone wants to try them:

cup butter softened (added more)
cup sugar
cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup pb
3 cups quick oats
1 teas. baking soda
cup flour

cream butter with sugar
add eggs and peanut butter
mix well
add oats one cup at a time
mix baking soda and flour then add to other ingred. at a time
mix well add 1/4 package of M&M (21oz size)added more
bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes (used ice cream scoop)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here