Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carla35_gw

LOOKING for: Monster Cookie

carla35
15 years ago

Does anyone have a good recipe for chewy monster cookies? My husband was talking about how much he liked them and I thought I'd make them for Father's Day but I lost my recipe.

Comments (5)

• lindac
    15 years ago

I just use my regular oatmeal or chocolate chip cookie recipe and make them big!
    Didn't know there was a special recipe....

• carla35
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I've only made them a couple times and it was a while back...

I "think" Monster Cookies are usually made with little or no flour, include peanut butter, lots of rolled oats, and M&M's. They are really good.

• CA Kate z9
    15 years ago

You can use almost any regular cookie dough. One trick: you need to spread the dough out in a large circle AND make the middle a little thinner than the edges because they'll spread some but the middle can't.

I don't know about "monster" tho'.

• trixietx
    15 years ago

Carla, this is the recipe I use, we just call them,

Good Cookies
    2 c. brown sugar
    2 c. sugar
    1 c. butter
    1 t. baking powder
    1 t. soda
    3 c. flour
    1 t. vanilla
    4 eggs
    2 c. oatmeal
    1 c. choc. chips
    2 c. chopped nuts
    2 c. rice krispies
    2 c. coconut
    Cream sugar and butter and add remaining ingredients. Bake at 325, time depends on size of cookies.

This is a very stiff dough and I don't remember them being really chewey. They are DH's favorite cookie.

• carla35
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Those "good" cookies sound really good! I'll have to try them when I get all the ingredients. Thanks for posting the recipe.

I actually found my recipe (I e-mailed it to myself years ago) but I remember changing it some and can't recall the specifics. I may just try Paula Deen's Monster cookie recipe instead which I have all the stuff for too.

The ones I make you actually use an ice cream scoop to drop the dough. The batter isn't really batter though just a bunch of stuff pressed together. I remember having to push the M&M's into the cookie a bit as they kept falling out. They are really good and chewy and different. More like a chewy granola bar in the shape of a cookie. Here's the recipe if anyone wants to try them:

¼ cup butter softened (added more)
    ¾ cup sugar
    ¾ cup brown sugar
    2 eggs
    1 cup pb
    3 cups quick oats
    1 ¼ teas. baking soda
    ¾ cup flour

cream butter with sugar
    add eggs and peanut butter
    mix well
    add oats one cup at a time
    mix baking soda and flour then add to other ingred. ½ at a time
    mix well add 1/4 package of M&M (21oz size)Âadded more
    bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes (used ice cream scoop)

Sponsored
Maruca Design / Build
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Exceptional Residential Design and Remodeling Services in Fairfax