Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Breakfast Casserole

Posted by annova914 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 5, 08 at 19:02

Just served this casserole this morning to overnight guests. I made it yesterday afternoon and popped it into the oven this morning. I love recipes I can make in advance so that I can spend time visiting with our guests and not slaving away in the kitchen :) Ann

Breakfast Casserole
(This can be made the night before)
cup Bisquick
1 lb sausage, crumbled , cooked & drained
6 eggs
Freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1-1/2 cups milk
1 cup mushroom pieces
2 cups grated sharp cheddar
1-2 Tbsps minced green and/or red bell pepper (optional)
Sprinkle of garlic powder (optional)
Grease a 9" x 13" pan and sprinkle Bisquick on the bottom. Spread the cooked sausage over Bisquick. Mix eggs and black pepper in bowl; add milk and then whisk in mustard (be sure mustard is blended evenly) ; add mushroom pieces. Add grated cheese last. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour.
(this casserole does not need salt IMO as its already salty from the cheese & sausage--I used turkey sausage and sprinkled a pinch of cayenne over the sausage as it was cooking).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Breakfast Casserole

So the Bisquick makes a bit of a crust on the bottom? This one sounds good.

o
RE: RECIPE: Breakfast Casserole

Yes - and by using less than a cup, you don't get a thick crust...but just enough of one. The original recipe (given to me by a co-worker years ago) called for a single packet of Bisquick but I haven't been able to find that anymore (box of Bisquick with the packets inside) so the 3/4 cup seems to be a similar amount. I've added the minced bell peppers to give it more flavor since I use turkey sausage. My friend used Jimmy Dean hot sausage and that was delicious.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here