Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Black Diamond Steak Marinade

Posted by hdphat2k3 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 16, 06 at 18:04

I am looking for a Black Diamond Steak Marinade. I have bought the pre-marinaded steaks from butcher shops but can not find the marinade. The marinade is jet black and kinda looks like (of all things) old motor oil.

Chris
hdphat2k3@metrocast.net

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Black Diamond Steak Marinade

I know Pat is pretty active on this forum, but just in case you are looking for this ASAP, here's her recipe - it is a big favorite on the cooking forum.

Pat T's BLACK DIAMOND STEAK MARINADE

2 Tblsp. oil
1/4 cup lite soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
2 Tblsp. brown sugar
2 Tblsp. vinegar
1-1/2 tsp. ginger
Pinch of garlic powder Mix. Score steak on both sides. Marinate in above mixture 8 to 10 hours. Grill 6 to 8 minutes per side.

o

Thanks Woodie for posting it for me. I was out of town.

BTW - I had Cracker Barrel's Chicken Tortilla soup in your honor today at lunch. YUM!

o

I'm glad you liked the soup, Pat! The last time I was at a Cracker Barrel (several months ago) they didn't have it on the menu - they said it was seasonal and it was for the summer. I never would have thought of chicken tortilla soup as a particularly summery dish.

o

Hi,
I also have a question about the Black Diamond Steak. I'm never sure what cut of steak to buy. What do you all recomend? Also, will it work just as well to broil it?

o

Is this marinade actually turn the meat Jet Black before cooking?

I have also purchased a triTip from a local store (Lunardis) that comes Jet Black. They call the marinad Garlic Butter and are very protective of thier source. I have got one of the butchers to say they purchase it in a powder form.

Does any one know the source or what actually makes the meat turn Jet Black (Like motor oil as stated above)?

Any help!!

o

I know this is an old thread, but while this marinade is really good, it's not the same marinade as the butcher shops use. I have been searching and trying many different versions of Black Diamond Steaks, and still can't find the right one.

o

I've tried everything, can't get steak to be black BEFORE I cook it!!! Tried every recipe I found. Way I hear it Black diamond was a trademarked item, when the original recipe's company went under Tyson bought it and now call it black gold. Our local restaurant supply company sells black gold steaks that are it! But all they sell is a small vacuum packed steak, not enough for me!!! I want black gold recipe to marinate a bigger steak, but so far no luck!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here