Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Seasonal Salads with Vinegarette Dressings

Posted by mboston (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 8, 08 at 16:57

We just returned from Oregon and Calfornia. We had two "Seasonal Salads", both were with spinach. One had pears and walnuts with gargonzola cheese and a vinegarette dressing. the dressing was kinda sweet. That was from the restaurant Spinners in Gold Beach, OR. The other was from the Awhannaee Hotel in Yosemite. It had slivers of apples, red grapes, pralined pecans, and a vinegarette dressing than was different from the the one with cheese. It was much more tart, although I think it had honey in it. Years ago we had one when in Seattle - with spinach and pears and pecans and a raspberry vinegarette. I make that now but thought maybe someone from out in the area was familiar with the dressings and how to make them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Seasonal Salads with Vinegarette Dressings

I'm not familiar with either restaurant's dressing, but here's my family's favorite spinach salad dressing recipe. It's a sweet one, and is definitely better if made in advance. Everybody who I have served this to has loved it - enjoy :-)

Becky

* Exported from MasterCook *

Spinach and Strawberry Salad

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 bunches spinach -- rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
4 cups sliced strawberries
chopped toasted nuts (walnuts or pecans)
crumbled bleu cheese
Dressing:
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon poppy seeds

In a large bowl, combine the spinach and strawberries. In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, sugar, and poppy seeds. Pour over salad, toss until well mixed and serve. Sprinkle chopped toasted nuts and bleu cheese over top.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : Variation: Substitute dried cranberries for strawberries.

Dressing can be prepared ahead - refrigerate until serving.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here