Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Looking For: Rice stuffed tomatoes

Posted by mtcrafter (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 18, 09 at 15:53

A long time ago I found a recipe from a book in the public library for Baked stuffed tomatoes. I think it was called Rice Piedmont Tomatoes. The tomatoes were hollowed out and the insides used along with enough water to cook a cup of rice. I can't remember what else was in it, but I know after the rice mixture cooled, shredded cheese was added and the tomatoes stuffed. You could make these ahead of time and refrigerate them. Then you baked them for around 30 to 40 min in a 350 oven. I have done searches for this numerous times but can't find it. And of course I don't remember the title of the cook book. Since this was over 30 years ago, the book is likely to not even be there anymore.

Thanks
Ann in MT

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Looking For: Rice stuffed tomatoes

The one below sounds similar. The temperature would be equivalent to about 350 & it uses approximately a cup of rice. See if it might work.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tomatoes

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here